• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Think before you start a thread

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
benpounder said:
OK "smart guy" if you have read many of the threads posted since this forum first started up, you would find many, including myself, sticking up for BigBoat.

You know, everything isnt about you...

This has nothing to do with me.

If you actually were able to read and comprehend, you would have understood that I was 'breaking new ground' for myself in defending BB in this instance. Again, if you had devoted just a fraction of your mind to looking at those two topics before spamming the board like some drama queen, you would have realized that your reaction was uncalled for and unnecessary. Neither topic was started today, or by the same poster. So your eight links to this topic were entirely superfluous and a stupid waste of bandwidth.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
on second thought...

Amsterhammer I'm going to drop it.

I wasnt targeting you. I dont have anything against you.

I dont like duplicate threads, and I saw a chance to make a point. I used two current threads to make that point, and it had absolutely nothing to do with the merits of either.

I have edited my previous comments to remove those primarily of snark, for when one relies upon snark, they have already conceded the real point.

Let us talk about cycling.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
El Imbatido said:
Could we possibly get a sticky on this thread, so it will always be in peoples eyeline before they post a new thread. So therefor they might actually as the title says "Think Before You Start A Thread

One of my daily activities (which we could collectivize, as good commies amongst one another) is to bump it 2-3 times a day when I have the time...

PS> It could als become a thread were we post random gibberish, which generally does not really match other threads' themes.

A

Anonymous

Bala Verde said:
One of my daily activities (which we could collectivize, as good commies amongst one another) is to bump it 2-3 times a day when I have the time...

PS> It could als become a thread were we post random gibberish, which generally does not really match other threads' themes.

I'm in because today was terrible in terms of multiple threads.

Bagster

BANNED
Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Ladies and gentlemen, doping Elvis has left the building!

We now have a place where we can talk about doping 24/7.

Good choice Greg. I am glad we can split things up now.

Groan, you don't need to be talking about doping 24/7. Just have one thread for doping. Thats all you need given that you only repeat the same old mantra in every post. You could just call it Area 56 and everytime you feel the urge to talk doping you could just put 'refer Area 56 thread'. Then those that feel inclined can go there and read the doping dirge. That way people who want to talk about racing won't have to put up with doping nutters draggging it into the conversation all the time.

A

Anonymous

642emx.png

i got a feeling a few of these might get handed out..

No one should jump into a forum and post something until they have at least scanned the thread titles. Preferably they should--GASP!--read through a few of the threads that look like they might pertain to the subject they are thinking of making a new post about.

Maybe new members should not be able to post for a few days after joining...

A

Anonymous

mickkk said:
Now that is good work!
feel free to use them as required.. so much more talkful than talking to someone.. and i think a certificate could be a pretty damn quick thread killer.. :D

insert names as required but not too many golds.. they are special.. ;)

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Yaaaawwwwwn, good morning. Just checking in.

hmm I like the certificates. I was actually thinking of passing out jerseys, but this will do for the moment ;)

A

Anonymous

Bagster said:
Groan, you don't need to be talking about doping 24/7. Just have one thread for doping. Thats all you need given that you only repeat the same old mantra in every post. You could just call it Area 56 and everytime you feel the urge to talk doping you could just put 'refer Area 56 thread'. Then those that feel inclined can go there and read the doping dirge. That way people who want to talk about racing won't have to put up with doping nutters draggging it into the conversation all the time.

Again this person feels they have a sufficient enough intelligence to address me directly? Some fanboys just do not know their place I guess?

A

Anonymous

Bala Verde said:
Yaaaawwwwwn, good morning. Just checking in.

hmm I like the certificates. I was actually thinking of passing out jerseys, but this will do for the moment ;)

can i just suggest if anyone uses one that they make sure to put a link to the original thread to help out..