• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Think before you start a thread

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
mr. tibbs said:
cat_moar.jpg

sorry i still prefer cats:D
bump

A

Anonymous

Bump.

I can see that we need a refresher course for the new guys. Please click on page one.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Bumping requirements are becoming more frequent.

Many topics would be easier to oversee and understand if many posters here lost the unnecessary bad habit of quoting entire long posts in order to write a one line reply. It is easy to edit when you're quoting long posts. Please do so. Thanks.

There's also no need to include ('quote') pictures in your short reply about said picture...just edit the damn thing out in your reply...both these measures save space, bandwidth, and eye strain.;)

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Wolfpengap said:
How about its a free damn country, and anyone can start any damn thread they feel like discussing. If you want to censor what threads are made, start your own damn board and be the only thread starter.

How about this....if you don't like a thread title or subject....

DONT READ IT OR REPLY TO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wolfpengap, as I have said in another thread I am one of those who advocates the "think before you atart a new thread".
But that is all that anyone is asking - it is certainly is not censorship!

What had happened last week was we had 2 different threads started about B.Wiggins and another 2 on Cadel Evans - it was needless. Both are valid threads but we didnt need 2 of them. This pushes other good threads down in to the 2nd or 3rd pages.
Things have been a lot better since LA has got his own thread.
And btw - I completeley agree with your comments about how threads get 'hijacked' about the doping theme - again there is a seperate forum for that.

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
Amsterhammer said:
Bumping requirements are becoming more frequent.

Many topics would be easier to oversee and understand if many posters here lost the unnecessary bad habit of quoting entire long posts in order to write a one line reply. It is easy to edit when you're quoting long posts. Please do so. Thanks.

Thanks for posting this.

One thread I saw last night the first three replies all quoted the entire six paragraph initial post, and then added just a one line comment. Just start your post with either a relevant quote to a point, or, if you are responding to the entire post just start with their name and then your point.

Makes the board flow a whole lot better.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
IMHO the most readable posts here are the ones who just throw out the first thing that comes to mind.

better than the "Im not an ex racer or peloton journalist I just play one on the internet" guys

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Boeing said:
IMHO the most readable posts here are the ones who just throw out the first thing that comes to mind.

better than the "Im not an ex racer or peloton journalist I just play one on the internet" guys

The most readable posts are those made by native speakers who have mastered the fundamentals of spelling and punctuation, unlike yourself.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
well one might suggest that there is as much if not more patronizing going on here than like threads. some of you guys sound like you are airing a laundry list of things you like and dont like on here like and as bad as the redundancy. whats next the "I was here first" threds and replies?

just let it be and things sort out

the redundant threads drop faster than Cavendish in the alps anyway

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Yes, this should be in the "About the forum" section, but here is a rule I would like to see people follow.

1. Before posting a thread, read the first 2 pages of threads and don't post it if there is already a thread on the topic.

This Vino thing is ridiculous. It would have taken maybe a minute for each thread starter to read through and see that we had threads from yesterday to use for this "news." Don't just read cyclingnews main site and come here and start a thread as, because of time zones, things like the whole Astana situation have been read by others well before many of us woke up.

You kick other good threads on other topics back when you post the 15th freaking Astana thread.

I just lost my favourite Astana thread off the bottom because of this thread.

A

Anonymous

chairvelo said:
I just lost my favourite Astana thread off the bottom because of this thread.

Oh, no worries, another is bound to come along very soon.

Amsterhammer said:
The most readable posts are those made by native speakers who have mastered the fundamentals of spelling and punctuation, unlike yourself.

Amster complaining about other people's posts. Who would have thought. :rolleyes:

What this forum really needs is a sticky "Amsterb!tch" thread. All his posts b!tching about others can be put in there so the rest of us don't have to read his sad, bitter complaints about the forum and life in general.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Amster complaining about other people's posts. Who would have thought. :rolleyes:

What this forum really needs is a sticky "Amsterb!tch" thread. All his posts b!tching about others can be put in there so the rest of us don't have to read his sad, bitter complaints about the forum and life in general.

Oh please, just keep digging that hole even deeper.:D

Any 'normal', 'neutral' reader, that is to say, everyone except you and your handful of brown-nose buddies, can see how far off the rails you are. It really is too funny. Get help.

Amsterhammer said:
Oh please, just keep digging that hole even deeper.:D

Any 'normal', 'neutral' reader, that is to say, everyone except you and your handful of brown-nose buddies, can see how far off the rails you are. It really is too funny. Get help.

Looks like we have the first post for the Amsterb!tch thread. Keep 'em comin'. It is all you have done since you joined.

A

Anonymous

BroDeal said:
Looks like we have the first post for the Amsterb!tch thread. Keep 'em comin'. It is all you have done since you joined.

amster.... bro.....

get-a-room.jpg

BroDeal said:

+1...................

Making fun of somebody else’s spelling and punctuation is not nice.

A

Anonymous

Bump

Please read the first post. We don't need 5 freaking DiLuca threads and 5 threads on a 1 minute attack by the leader of the tour. Get a freaking clue.

A

Anonymous

saxe_coburg_gotha said:
Whats thinking got to do with cycling the whole attraction is the opposite.
Blood sweat tears.
Your deluded if you consider cycling to be a thinking mans sport :p

No, its posting that should be the "thinking mans" activity. Unfortunately, posters on this forum prove otherwise many times.

A

Anonymous

saxe_coburg_gotha said:
Whats thinking got to do with cycling the whole attraction is the opposite.
Blood sweat tears.
Your deluded if you consider cycling to be a thinking mans sport :p

hence why contador didnt think before he attacked yesterday...

TRENDING THREADS