• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Think before you start a thread

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

Right.. im outta here... Taxi coming in an hour to take us to the station...
Pub in marylbone by three for the end of the TT, then paris in the morning

If you see a ruddy great flagpole at the top turn of the champs elysees under the arc de triomphe, with two union jacks flying from it think of us there in the sun enjoying ourselves....

Have fun folks.. see you all in august... (well.. unless of course i turn the laptop on while we are away to bump this thread) :D

A

Anonymous

dimspace said:
Right.. im outta here... Taxi coming in an hour to take us to the station...
Pub in marylbone by three for the end of the TT, then paris in the morning

If you see a ruddy great flagpole at the top turn of the champs elysees under the arc de triomphe, with two union jacks flying from it think of us there in the sun enjoying ourselves....

Have fun folks.. see you all in august... (well.. unless of course i turn the laptop on while we are away to bump this thread) :D

You're probably already gone, but have a great time Dim!

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:

Hey have fun in Paris, and take some picture will ya!

Perhaps even better, try to pass out a couple of certificates to cyclists, preferably the ones on the podium, for their outstanding achievements as real thread originators. I'd say, Armstrong deserves the gold award.... ;)

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Yes, this should be in the "About the forum" section, but here is a rule I would like to see people follow.

1. Before posting a thread, read the first 2 pages of threads and don't post it if there is already a thread on the topic.

This Vino thing is ridiculous. It would have taken maybe a minute for each thread starter to read through and see that we had threads from yesterday to use for this "news." Don't just read cyclingnews main site and come here and start a thread as, because of time zones, things like the whole Astana situation have been read by others well before many of us woke up.

You kick other good threads on other topics back when you post the 15th freaking Astana thread.

Bump.......

THINK BEFORE YOU START A THREAD, THIS IS GETTING FUCKING RIDICULOUS.

WE DONT NEED 6 CONTADOR, 3 RADIOSHACK AND EVEN MORE ARMSTRONG THREADS

GO BACK A PAGE OR TWO IF NECESSARY, I GUARANTEE THERE WILL BE A THREAD ALREADY THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MODS, GIVE ME THE ABILITY TO DELETE, LOCK AND AMALGAMATE THREADS AND I'LL CLEAN THIS PLCE UP.

Sorry about filter evasion, but i think it is necessary to get my point across though. Rant over

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
El Imbatido said:

WE DONT NEED 3 LEMOND THREADS

GO BACK A PAGE OR TWO IF NECESSARY, I GUARANTEE THERE WILL BE A THREAD ALREADY THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry about filter evasion, but i think it is necessary to get my point across though. Rant over

What he said.

A

Anonymous

El Imbatido said:

MODS, GIVE ME THE ABILITY TO DELETE, LOCK AND AMALGAMATE THREADS AND I'LL CLEAN THIS PLCE UP.

Gotta bump it again.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
El Imbatido said:

Yep. Not too much to ask.

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
We need to define the word "think" to those who may be unclear to its meaning.
Think
: to form or have in the mind
: to reflect on
: to center one's thoughts on
: to subject to the processes of logical thought
: to exercise the powers of judgment, conception, or inference
: to consider something likely
Thinking can be applied to any thread.
Thank you for your consideration.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
:eek:
El Imbatido said:

bump sick of seeing multiple threads with almost the same title.
mt ventoux. will ac help lance on Mt, will lance help ac on Ventoux,
its friggin stupod

:eek:

El Imbatido said:

This forum reminds me of "La Plaza de Mercado" in my country where people would throw tomatoes and onions at each other. I thought it was about road cycling, not a soap opera.

Bump.

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
El Imbatido said:

bumpity-bump-bump

Also, think before you start a conspiracy theory.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Bump...... again.... :confused:

There should be a sticky about thread posting in my opinion. Something along the lines of how to use the search function for existing threads etc. In my view, it is better to keep discussion for a single topic within a single thread.

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
Thoughtforfood said:
Yes, this should be in the "About the forum" section, but here is a rule I would like to see people follow.

1. Before posting a thread, read the first 2 pages of threads and don't post it if there is already a thread on the topic.

This Vino thing is ridiculous. It would have taken maybe a minute for each thread starter to read through and see that we had threads from yesterday to use for this "news." Don't just read cyclingnews main site and come here and start a thread as, because of time zones, things like the whole Astana situation have been read by others well before many of us woke up.

You kick other good threads on other topics back when you post the 15th freaking Astana thread.

Time for a bump

A

Anonymous

nah.. the new guys seem to like a bit of duplication.. i say leave em to their own devices for a week and see what a mess they can make.. :D

TRENDING THREADS