• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Think Contador's winning streak will change?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dallas_ said:
My belief is WADA will approve a plasticizer test soon. Combine Cologne type testing for substances(including plasticizers) with the Bio Passport program, now maybe, just maybe the ball game returns to a more realistic court!

Dream on:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21311501

J Perinatol. 2011 Feb 10. [Epub ahead of print]
A review of alternatives to di (2-ethylhexyl) phthalate-containing medical devices in the neonatal intensive care unit.
Van Vliet ED, Reitano EM, Chhabra JS, Bergen GP, Whyatt RM.

In all, 10 out of 21 (48%) products in the NICU audit were DEHP-free; six consisted of alternative polymers and four of alternative plasticizers.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Nothing will change. From clinic perspective he will continue doing exact same program he and other top riders have been doing so far.

I think his preparation has been compromised due to lengthy investigation. Nevertheless, his performance in the TT was still pretty acceptable, losing 45" to an in-form Martin is not bad at all.

Riis is a master when it comes to base-build-peaking preparation. I am curious to see how doing the Giro/Tour is going to go. Unless of course, WADA/UCI continue ruining the sport and appeal the decision, but I am optimistic that is not going to happen :cool:

Can't wait to see Alberto racing the Giro!

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
veganrob said:
AC would be odds on favorite to win the Tour this year IF he didn't also plan on the Giro. He is in much better hands with Riis and a better team than last years Astana. He put too much pressure on himself knowing his team was very weak. And he still won. "09 won with team working against him.
Giro will be very tough race though. The double, ehhhh

If Bruyneel wanted Contador to lose the 09 tour it would have happened that way. Please research cycling, tour de france, bruyneel, tactics etc. I think it is all on WIKI.

Then please try racing yourself. Thank you,
Flicker

May 14, 2010
Visit site
If he rides the Giro to win, maybe he won't ride the Tour at all. I mean, why bother if he isn't going to win? Especially if he's got a Giro win under his belt. Now, if he's going for the double . . . well, that's obviously a different story. And I'd like nothing better than to see him win the double - precisely because it is so highly improbable.

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I think that this year He will do the "Easy double" (Giro - Vuelta), then next year with a better team go for the real deal (Giro - Tour or Tour - Vuelta) but right now he needs a better team...

about his winning streak... well... this year He is not going to win that much or put too much pressure on himself... Swordman has already said it... Riis want him to go slowly and build up correctly, Alberto will take it easy but I'm sure that if He sees a opportunity to win He will take it, He's like that, He is not Andrew...

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Ryaguas said:
I think that this year He will do the "Easy double" (Giro - Vuelta), then next year with a better team go for the real deal (Giro - Tour or Tour - Vuelta) but right now he needs a better team...

about his winning streak... well... this year He is not going to win that much or put too much pressure on himself... Swordman has already said it... Riis want him to go slowly and build up correctly, Alberto will take it easy but I'm sure that if He sees a opportunity to win He will take it, He's like that, He is not Andrew...

there is nothing 'easy' about the Giro. it is a better race and tougher than the TdF.

I prefer it to the others.:cool:

Am I the only one to constantly misread the title of this thread as "Conti's winning steak"?

Anyway, I don't think he's going to ride any slower - he might even have more determination to win. And I think he'll do a double as well...

EDIT: Sorry, just saw I'm not the only one to read steak. Also the double thing is presuming he's not going to CAS and gets banned.

Moose McKnuckles said:
The plasticizer test will set a new record for easiest test to beat. I would put zero faith in this test as a game-changer.

Ferrari, Fuentes, Del Moral and gang have certainly stocked up on glass containers for the season. Hopefully they recycle the unused plastic, hate to see it go straight into the garbage - unless they use the plastic for the budget programs.

TRENDING THREADS