• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

This is why math is taught in school.

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
I was riding to work yesterday when I observed a female driver cut right in front of a pickup truck, causing him to have to drive onto the shoulder to avoid hitting her.

This evidently angered the driver enough that he hung his arm out his window and "flipped" the woman off.

"Man, that guy is stupid," I thought to myself. I ALWAYS smile nicely and wave in a sheepish manner whenever a female does anything to me in traffic, and here's why..........

I drive 48 miles each way every day to work. That's 96 miles each day. Of these, 16 miles each way is bumper-to-bumper. Most of the bumper-to-bumper is on an 8 lane highway. There are 7 cars every 40 feet for 32 miles. That works out to be 982 cars every mile, or 31,424 cars.

Even though the rest of the 32 miles is not bumper to bumper, figure I pass at least another 4000 cars. That brings the number to something like 36,000 cars that I pass everyday.

Statistically, half of these are driven by females.

That's 18,000 women drivers! In any given group of females, 1 in 28 has PMS. That's 642. According to Cosmopolitan, 70% describe their love life as dissatisfying or unrewarding. That's 449.

According to the National Institute of Health, 22% of all females have seriously considered suicide or homicide. That's 98.

And 34% describe men as their biggest problem. That's 33.

According to the National Rifle Association, 5% of all females carry weapons, and this number is increasing.

That means that EVERY SINGLE DAY, I drive past at least one female that has a lousy love life, thinks men are her biggest problem, has seriously considered suicide or homicide, has PMS, and is armed.

Flip one off? ... I think not.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
krebs303 said:
I was riding to work yesterday when I observed a female driver cut right in front of a pickup truck, causing him to have to drive onto the shoulder to avoid hitting her.

This evidently angered the driver enough that he hung his arm out his window and "flipped" the woman off.

"Man, that guy is stupid," I thought to myself. I ALWAYS smile nicely and wave in a sheepish manner whenever a female does anything to me in traffic, and here's why..........

I drive 48 miles each way every day to work. That's 96 miles each day. Of these, 16 miles each way is bumper-to-bumper. Most of the bumper-to-bumper is on an 8 lane highway. There are 7 cars every 40 feet for 32 miles. That works out to be 982 cars every mile, or 31,424 cars.

Even though the rest of the 32 miles is not bumper to bumper, figure I pass at least another 4000 cars. That brings the number to something like 36,000 cars that I pass everyday.

That's 18,000 women drivers! In any given group of females, 1 in 28 has PMS. That's 642. According to Cosmopolitan, 70% describe their love life as dissatisfying or unrewarding. That's 449.

According to the National Institute of Health, 22% of all females have seriously considered suicide or homicide. That's 98.

According to the National Rifle Association, 5% of all females carry weapons, and this number is increasing.

That means that EVERY SINGLE DAY, I drive past at least one female that has a lousy love life, thinks men are her biggest problem, has seriously considered suicide or homicide, has PMS, and is armed.

Heck that is 17999 women I can flip off with impunity. I buy 2 lottery tickets a week and have never hit a big one. The odds of meeting a homicidal female are higher but I don't worry too much about it.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
krebs303 said:

Then you wouldn't want to pass one who is all of that combined, has a lousy love life, hates men, considered suicide or mass murder, has PMS, and has a weapon :eek:

Apr 2, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
Then you wouldn't want to pass one who is all of that combined, has a lousy love life, hates men, considered suicide or mass murder, has PMS, and has a weapon :eek:

In my neck of the woods that would be either a politician or a policewoman :p

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
This reminds me of a crazy girlfriend i had 25 years ago, since i am a little off myself we had a great relationship because we were alike.
Then one day after i had moved into her apt we were talking and kind of out of the blue she says
"You know why there will NEVER be a woman president?"
"No, why?"
"Because one day she would wake up with PMS and nuke the whole ****ing world"

then she proceeded to take me to her medicine cabinet,showed me her little magic pills that she said were the only things that kept her from killing me while i slept

she wasn't laughing
:eek:
true story

runninboy said:
This reminds me of a crazy girlfriend i had 25 years ago, since i am a little off myself we had a great relationship because we were alike.
Then one day after i had moved into her apt we were talking and kind of out of the blue she says
"You know why there will NEVER be a woman president?"
"No, why?"
"Because one day she would wake up with PMS and nuke the whole ****ing world"

then she proceeded to take me to her medicine cabinet,showed me her little magic pills that she said were the only things that kept her from killing me while i slept

she wasn't laughing
:eek:
true story

we need more blue pills over here...:eek:

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
i'd rather learn MATHS at school. What's the point of stopping after one sum, surely it makes sense to learn a few more sums hence the plural on the word :D