• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Thomas de Gendt Discussion Thread

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 19, 2011
Visit site
But not as GC contender, after watching last year TOF and two weeks in this year Giro, i feel he has great GC potential, deserve a GC contender thread:D
Buffalo Soldier said:
There is a thread like this already. Don't forget he did some amazing things in the past too!

May 19, 2011
Visit site
OOPS didn't realize future can be so soon!!!!!!

maxmartin said:
First time racing for GC very impressive, had a very good chance to make top 6:D

Already very decent at long TT, how much can he improve on climbing ability? Can we expect a future GT winner from Belgium?

May 19, 2011
Visit site
word on the street is he actually is very afraid of descending
meat puppet said:
Good one.

But that was something. More impressive than Andy at the Tour, IMO. And he just went on to have a safe descent. On the Morti-bleeding-rolo of all places :D

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
maxmartin said:
word on the street is he actually is very afraid of descending

Yes, hence why the guy just said "He went on just to have a safe descent". He attacked a bit to take it easier on the way down.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
I just want to put this out there to 'The Hitch'. Do you remember your smart alec response a few weeks back? Find another forum to flood poser...you're full of s$&% champ. Over 10K posts and all you toot is your own horn. Bahahahaha, taking a swipe at De Gendt arbitrarily over nothing and he WINS THE QUEEN STAGE OF THE GIRO. What a schmuck. A lot of pom fans about to join your boat poser. Suck it loser.

Way to go Thomas De Gendt. Way to upstart an upstart. Of course a The Hitch is not the sort...champ, no mod is covering your ****. You're a floosie...like the Spanish soccer team...divers and posers galore. Thanks for the laughs muppet. Great news after my mates b'day to come home to. A rider slegded by the biggest try hard on these forums wins the biggest stage of the year so far....bahahahaha. That's winning, Charlie Sheen style Hitch...enjoy the rain in England. Oh and crying over Samu...hahahahaha

Galic Ho said:
I just want to put this out there to 'The Hitch'. Do you remember your smart alec response a few weeks back? Find another forum to flood poser...you're full of s$&% champ. Over 10K posts and all you toot is your own horn. Bahahahaha, taking a swipe at De Gendt arbitrarily over nothing and he WINS THE QUEEN STAGE OF THE GIRO. What a schmuck. A lot of pom fans about to join your boat poser. Suck it loser.

Way to go Thomas De Gendt. Way to upstart an upstart. Of course a The Hitch is not the sort...champ, no mod is covering your ****. You're a floosie...like the Spanish soccer team...divers and posers galore. Thanks for the laughs muppet. Great news after my mates b'day to come home to. A rider slegded by the biggest try hard on these forums wins the biggest stage of the year so far....bahahahaha. That's winning, Charlie Sheen style Hitch...enjoy the rain in England. Oh and crying over Samu...hahahahaha
??????????

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
He dislikes descending. That's not just word on the street, but his own words.

Thinks of what could go wrong too often, he says. Was even thinking about (or already did? Not sure) seeing a sports psychiatrist to overcome his fear.

TRENDING THREADS