• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Thomas Lövkvist

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
ingsve said:
How does height play into GT performance? Weight I can understand but why height?

<3------------------------------ ( i ) 186 sm

<3--------------------------- ( i ) 176 sm

------------------------------ > ---------------------------

<3 = heart

- = vein

( i ) = muscle

(-:

Nikoloz said:
Thomas Löfkvist
Height 1.86 m
Weight 70 kg

Andy Schleck
Height 1.86 m
Weight 65 kg

Andreas Klöden (34)
Height 1.83 m
Weight 63 kg

(-:

kloden also has no chance to win tour... (he just had)

I am trying to say that 1.86 m is not good for climber...
So?

Indurain was 1m88 and a fantastic climber

Better yet,
Gesink is 1m92 and a great climber
:rolleyes:

your argument doesn't hold any value

Nikoloz said:
<3------------------------------ ( i ) 186 sm

<3--------------------------- ( i ) 176 sm

------------------------------ > ---------------------------

<3 = heart

- = vein

( i ) = muscle

(-:

You didn't have to be so graphic about it. I was just asking an honest question. I'm not a doctor or physiologist in any way so I didn't see the connection.

Is there any quantifiable way of comparing people of different height? Something in the line of: If you are 10 cm taller than someone then you need to be 7 kg lighter to be at the same level. (Values grabbed straight out of the air)

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Lövkvist critical of anti-doping rules affecting Giro d'Italia/contador comment: subjective/sour grapes? or objective/just bad timing?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
At the moment there about 18 guys better than him (excluding Kruijswijk who willingly gave up his better GC place today by attacking), so I really think Löfkvist should look at himself.

He's not good enough

He didn't say he was...what he said was that Contador should not be racing. The dynamic of the race would have been different...and it would have. I agree with him.

Sneekes said:
Lofkvist simply doesn't climb well enough to be GT GC contender. I think he'd be a much better classics and one week tour contender if he'd forget about try for the GC in GTs.

+1

He could win the Tirreno type races, and spring semi-classics and autumn classics instead of trying to be too much of a GT star. BTW if he has any shot at a good GT placement it's at the Vuelta imo.

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
TRDean said:
He didn't say he was...what he said was that Contador should not be racing. The dynamic of the race would have been different...and it would have. I agree with him.

You are right about the dynamics part, but I think the meaning of it was that Contador shouldn't have to be riding this Giro with a CAS-case in progress, regardless of outcome.

He said, roughly, that regardless of the outcome, Contador should either have been acquitted OR suspended by now, he should not be racing with a verdict from CAS hanging over his head right now.

As I understand it, a ban for Contador would take away all his results from between the positive test and the verdict ->It is in Contador's favor if this thing is resolved now (discounting agreements with Saxo Bank)

So in principle it's a statement against UCI, the spanish cycling federation, WADA and CAS: "look this should have been resolved by now"

I think there is far too little critisism over how the authorities have handled this case.

More rider should take courage and critisize how things are run in cycling.

And what do AIGCP do except whining over team budgets, UCI fees, race radios?

To repeat: It is critique against the slow process, not critique against Contador.

His main problem is that he can't switch tempo so when the favourites start attacking he will always drop off the back and gets left in no mans land and once that gap opens up he can't accelerate to catch up either but basically needs for the main group to slow down back to something slower than his main tempo but that never really happens. He's gotten better at lasting longer in GTs now and even on the Etna stage he didn't collapse or anything but his tempo was just slightly lower than that of the favourites when they attacked.

When you are that much of a diesel as Löfkvist is, it's hard to see what types of races one could win. Even week long races is difficult since there will always be other riders that are better at TTing or sprinting for bonus seconds etc that will beat him so he's destined to be a top 10 riders rather than a winning rider. With that in mind I guess it makes sense to target GTs since getting 8th in the Giro etc is better than getting 8th in Paris - Nice.

TRENDING THREADS