• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Thought this was a news site :P

A

Anonymous

where are the results of the british championships..

we have the dutch, belgian, spanish, italian, german, portugese, ruddy canadian, french, norweigan, luxumbourg, kazackruddystan, and the results from slovenia...

is it really too optimistic to hope, that the leading cycle news website in the world may possibly have the results of the british championships.. :eek:

tour series was one thing.. but come on guys.. i know people deserve weekends off, but i thought the point was it was easy to update the site now..

fortunately the telegraph, bbc and various other newspapers, eurosport, have the result.. ;)

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:

we have the dutch, belgian, spanish, italian, german, portugese, ruddy canadian, french, norweigan, luxumbourg, kazackruddystan, and the results from slovenia...

is it really too optimistic to hope, that the leading cycle news website in the world may possibly have the results of the british championships.. :eek:

tour series was one thing.. but come on guys.. i know people deserve weekends off, but i thought the point was it was easy to update the site now..

fortunately the telegraph, bbc and various other newspapers, eurosport, have the result.. ;)

Their coverage of the NC this year is really horrible. NC are a big deal and not something to give half *** coverage of.

If they have this same quality of coverage for the TdF then they will alienate even more readers.

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
News? What is that? Is that the 5% of the content on the site that isn't bogus doping "coverage". Today I read that Jorg Jaksche is psychic. If you are going to call this Cycling NEWS then perhaps "we" could at least try to give it some sort of logic? Yikes.

Boy, you guys better get your shiatsu together before July 4th.

It is probably all Lance Armstrong's fault. Yeah, that's it. From what I read here, everything is his fault.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Why would you expect anyone at Cyclingnews to be working on the weekend? Everyone knows that important races never take place on weekends. This is the New Cyclingnews after all.

A

Anonymous

i was gonna say we even have the results for Halle - Ingooigem whatever that is, but we dont,. its a blank page when you go to it.. :D

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:

I did find them on the site in the end, but it took me ages ths morning.

A

Anonymous

davidg said:
I did find them on the site in the end, but it took me ages ths morning.

Where...? ******ed if i can find them.. ive just done a page search on british, uk, britain and the winners name and i cant find them...

and of course doing a site search on the name of the winner would be pointless as having not read the news i would not know who the winner was..

ok.. ive just site searched on the winners name.. and even that doesnt lead me to the results.. i think you are making it up.. :p

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
The site was apparently closed last weekend. The headline about Contador was at the top of the page for over 48 hours, but with no photos or real information. The headlines were also not updated regularly as they used to be. Guess the guys took the weekend off. Wish I was so lucky. Do they not think this stuff gets noticed?

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
Where...? ******ed if i can find them.. ive just done a page search on british, uk, britain and the winners name and i cant find them...

and of course doing a site search on the name of the winner would be pointless as having not read the news i would not know who the winner was..

ok.. ive just site searched on the winners name.. and even that doesnt lead me to the results.. i think you are making it up.. :p

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/british-national-championships-cn/stages/stage-3 for the report

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/british-national-championships-cn/stages/stage-3/photos for a few photos

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
Farce

The whole medal awarding process was a farce. In the womens race an U-23 rider came in second but was told she could not have a medal due to a UCI rule.

In the mens race bronze was awarded to the third place rider who was U-23.

The womens result was then reversed.

Not worth an extra thread, but just in case you can't find it in the comprehensive CN coverage.

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
British Results

dimspace said:
and where exactly was that?

The original decision is in the womens race report http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/british-national-championships-cn/stages/stage-2

The reversal is here http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest/380420/cooksen-overrules-to-reinstate-armitstead.html

but I had to use personal contacts to get the original details since it took so long for CN to put it up, and frustration following a series of dead-links.

The interesting thing is that I think the British council had no right to over-rule the original decision which was correct, although poorly handled.

A

Anonymous

oh i got the bit about the 3rd place.. i saw that saturday on the bbc and it was a ridiculous decision then..i did hear that pooly was planning to give her silver away regardless, but the original "albeit by the rules" decision was akin to telling young riders they are not allowed to win the tour de france as they are eligable for the white jersey..

i was more wondering how you managed to navigate the CN website.. :D

TRENDING THREADS