• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Thoughts on Cav in this year's tour?

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Does Cav finish the tour this year and take the green jersey?

Does anyone see anyone else who can take him in a sprint?

Finally, Cav seems like a bright spot in the world of cycling doesn't he? Confident as hell, but always super appreciative of his teammates and their efforts.

A

Anonymous

His most recent interview turned me off a bit, but as far as sprinting, let me say this, I think we will see that frustrated look on Boonen's face a lot this tour. I don't think we will see one of these however: (referring to the premature ewinulation)

080416ispa-0198.jpg

Thats gotta s u c k. Just ask the guy in the blue to Boonen's right.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
39*23t said:
definitely finish with a few stage wins, not to sure about green though.

this

50/50 on green. Depends on what Bennati and Freire show up. The injured Bennati and Freire or the top form Bennati and Freire.

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
3 stage wins, finishing relatively comfortably, and green. The guy has barely failed an objective on the road yet in his career can't see him starting now.

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
richwagmn said:
Finally, Cav seems like a bright spot in the world of cycling doesn't he? Confident as hell, but always super appreciative of his teammates and their efforts.

Confident/arrogant, yes. But I dearly want to see Farrar beat him in a sprint this Tour.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Yea, me too.

How bizarre. Me too.

I know Freire has come close, but I'm not convinced he's still got it. I am convinced that Thor has lost his hammer, and in the absence of Boonen, that only leaves Farrar to teach Cav a bit of humility.

Not that I dislike the boy, I just would like to see him lose a big sprint once. :D

A

Anonymous

Amsterhammer said:
How bizarre. Me too.

I know Freire has come close, but I'm not convinced he's still got it. I am convinced that Thor has lost his hammer, and in the absence of Boonen, that only leaves Farrar to teach Cav a bit of humility.

Not that I dislike the boy, I just would like to see him lose a big sprint once. :D

Is Boonen definitely not riding?

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Is Boonen definitely not riding?

Looks pretty much like 99% not. Can you see any French court or tribunal convening, hearing evidence, and reaching a decision within two days? He's certainly not on the official list published so far, though as we know, last minute changes are always possible.

A

Anonymous

Amsterhammer said:
Looks pretty much like 99% not. Can you see any French court or tribunal convening, hearing evidence, and reaching a decision within two days? He's certainly not on the official list published so far, though as we know, last minute changes are always possible.

I guess I missed that bit of news in my obsession with Armstrong, religion, and being an ***. At least I am self aware, huh?

I guess reading the actual news at cyclingnews on occasion might hip me to things like this: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/french-judge-not-competent-in-boonen-affair

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
I guess I missed that bit of news in my obsession with Armstrong, religion, and being an ***. At least I am self aware, huh?

:D

Self-awareness is a wonderful thing! It was nicely put. ;)

(Smilies are useful sometimes.)

TRENDING THREADS