• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Three Cheers for the Tour de France

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
don't give a toss

Kwibus said:
Nice thread. Really hard to name just 3 riders so im going to cheat a bit.

ha ha...........i don't care i'm going to cheat totally............i will be cheering

on any rider whom shows grit and determination

if only we can see some surprising racing...............an early break

miscalculated by the peloton putting a 'surprise' in yellow for the duration

+ successful breaks and a few bunch sprints...i can't wait!

Mark L

May 7, 2013
Visit site
ebandit said:
ha ha...........i don't care i'm going to cheat totally............i will be cheering

on any rider whom shows grit and determination

if only we can see some surprising racing...............an early break

miscalculated by the peloton putting a 'surprise' in yellow for the duration

+ successful breaks and a few bunch sprints...i can't wait!

Mark L
Purito - he's getting slammed for trying it and moving away from the Giro/Vuelta but good luck to him for trying to win the the TdF, winning the 100th addition would look better than another GT IMO. Also he's not stupid and will know he needs to do more than 1km sprints in order to win so looking forward to seeing his plans

Rolland - Not sure why but he's my favourite French rider and I think everyone wants already one frenchie in contention and even if he isn't I'd expect him to go balls deep on one mountain stage to get a win

Cav - homer/national pick I think he'll take the green easy but will be interesting to see his/OPQS tactics if Sagan goes of hunting for the intermediate sprints and his continued improved climbing will be good to see just how many stages he is in the hunt for, I've already stuck some moolah on +4.5

richard_91 said:
Purito - he's getting slammed for trying it and moving away from the Giro/Vuelta but good luck to him for trying to win the the TdF, winning the 100th addition would look better than another GT IMO. Also he's not stupid and will know he needs to do more than 1km sprints in order to win so looking forward to seeing his plans

Rolland - Not sure why but he's my favourite French rider and I think everyone wants already one frenchie in contention and even if he isn't I'd expect him to go balls deep on one mountain stage to get a win

Cav - homer/national pick I think he'll take the green easy but will be interesting to see his/OPQS tactics if Sagan goes of hunting for the intermediate sprints and his continued improved climbing will be good to see just how many stages he is in the hunt for, I've already stuck some moolah on +4.5

I wouldn't be backing Cav for Green in a hurry (but that's another thread).
Interesting lack of support for Sky Riders and Froome in particular. Surprising number of picks for Rolland.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Contador - I like attacking riders; hope he keeps on fighting and wins like last Vuelta
TGBM - Nationalistic reasons, but he also seems like a nice guy

Hard pick for third..... Quintana/Pinot pretty much for identical reasons. Great talents, aggressive riding, I'd like to see both of them do well

(honourable mentions to all attacking riders like Voeckler etc.)

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
For me it will be:

TJVG - Gotta pull for the American kid. He has an outside shot at a podium spot.

Andy Schleck - It will be interesting to see what his form truly is and if he still has a spot at the top of cycling.

Quintana -This guy could be exciting. If they will let him ride is own race. Unfortunately that will probably not be the case.

TGBM: obviously, he's dutch. He also seems like a nice guy and from Suisse he even appears to be in really good form! Hope he keeps it rubber side down in the first week.

Quintana: Bringing back the Colombian glory days hopefully. Big talent, will he cash in on it?

Contador: A great champion, coming back from adversity with new and improved opponents. Can he show the new guys how it's done once again?

Oh dear, difficult one but:
-Alberto Contador for GC
-Sagan for polka-dot jersey :cool:
-Sagan for Green
aand last but not least
-That one Asian guy from that one team to do something amusing

These are the ones i will be mainly cheering for.