Three Days of West Flanders

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 14, 2009
3,436
0
0
Geraint Too Fast said:
Whole OPQS team in the top 20.
Not saying it is just because of the bike but the Shiv, based on some wind tunnel numbers, is probably the fastest TT bike out there.

Sorry Cervelo :eek:
 
Parrulo said:
will machado ever win anything? :eek:
I didn't even knew he was riding. Nice result. It reminds me when I asked him in his blog if he would feel if his career was incomplete not riding Roubaix; he said there were better riders for the cobbles. I wonder what he feels now riding this. Not that West Vlandeeren has lot of cobbles but still :)
And yeah not winning is his thing; just like Purito with his uphill sprints. Let's hope he can get the time to win GC.
 
RAdioShack just posted on Facebook:

Bad news from our team in Driedaagse van West-Vlaanderen: overnight 8 bikes, a bunch of wheels and a tool box got stolen from the truck. We're doing all we can now to get the guys on spare Trek bikes at the start of stage 2!
 
Susan Westemeyer said:
RAdioShack just posted on Facebook:

Bad news from our team in Driedaagse van West-Vlaanderen: overnight 8 bikes, a bunch of wheels and a tool box got stolen from the truck. We're doing all we can now to get the guys on spare Trek bikes at the start of stage 2!
Damn scumbags. Seems to happen a fair bit. I just hate people who steal anything, so tight, just work like everyone else.
 
Aug 3, 2009
1,562
0
0
If they are unable to start, this gets silly, Garmin in TdM, now RST.....the races should be decided on the road, not by who was lucky enough not to get the bikes stolen....

I suppose for RST it will be ok, their Lux base is just like a 2,5 hours drive from the race
 

iZnoGouD

BANNED
Feb 18, 2011
1,325
0
0
Everyone talking about Omega riders, i dont get it
do you see who is 2nd?
1, Kristof Vandewalle (Omega Pharma-Quick Step) 7 km in 8 mins 9 secs
2, Tiago Machado (RadioShack Leopard) at 8 secs
3, Gert Steegmans (Omega Pharma-Quick Step) at 9 secs
4, Niki Terpstra (Omega Pharma-Quick Step)
5, Tobias Ludvigsson (Team Argos-Shimano)

he lost to someone almost 10kg heavier than him...
 
iZnoGouD said:
Everyone talking about Omega riders, i dont get it
do you see who is 2nd?
1, Kristof Vandewalle (Omega Pharma-Quick Step) 7 km in 8 mins 9 secs
2, Tiago Machado (RadioShack Leopard) at 8 secs
3, Gert Steegmans (Omega Pharma-Quick Step) at 9 secs
4, Niki Terpstra (Omega Pharma-Quick Step)
5, Tobias Ludvigsson (Team Argos-Shimano)

he lost to someone almost 10kg heavier than him...
He only has 1 second to Terpstra.
 
Dec 27, 2010
6,674
0
0
Jancouver said:
Not saying it is just because of the bike but the Shiv, based on some wind tunnel numbers, is probably the fastest TT bike out there.

Sorry Cervelo :eek:
You can pretty much throw a hat over the (adapted) Shiv, the Trinity, P4 & P5, Plasma 3 etc. Which means for guys who don't have sponsor commitments (eg. some of the guys on the Tri scene) it becomes very personal as to which bike you will be fastest on. There's not a lot of room left re UCI regs for a new TT bike to make a step change gain anymore.
 
Feb 4, 2011
1,887
0
0
1. Danilo Napolitano (Accent Jobs - Wanty)
2. Tom Van Asbroeck (Topsport Vlaanderen - Baloise)
3. Barry Markus (Vacansoleil - DCM)
4. Kenny Van Hummel (Vacansoleil - DCM)
5. Jarl Salomein (Topsport Vlaanderen - Baloise)
6. Gediminas Bagdonas (An Post - Sean Kelly)
7. Adrien Petit (Cofidis)
8. Kenny Dehaes (Lotto Belisol)
9. Dylan Groenewegen (CT De Rijke)
10. Yves Lampaert (Topsport Vlaanderen - Baloise)
 
May 11, 2009
1,301
0
0
Susan Westemeyer said:
RAdioShack just posted on Facebook:

Bad news from our team in Driedaagse van West-Vlaanderen: overnight 8 bikes, a bunch of wheels and a tool box got stolen from the truck. We're doing all we can now to get the guys on spare Trek bikes at the start of stage 2!
You would think that after the Garmin theft teams would add security measures - alarms, dogs, guards, and anti-theft cables (my LBS uses cables every night since he was robbed).
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS