• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tiago Machado Discussion Thread

iZnoGouD

BANNED
Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
He started the season on the right foot with a podium on Tour Down Under and was decent in other races.

tiago97.jpg

Now he is preparing for the Vuelta and he says that he is feeling good on training and that he is getting stronger each day.

machado3.jpg

His team want him to top 10, most people think that it is way too ambicious for him and that he will disappoint, while i think it is ambicious i don't think he will disappoint, he worked very hard this year and he will be rewarded for that!

machado1k.jpg

ALLEZ MACHADO!!!

Machado needs to do more riding and less talk. He hasn't delivered at all on the 2010 season expectations for the last 2 seasons. while Costa with much less hype built up around himself is already one of the best riders in the world.

p.s. also with your constant silly machado perdictions you are doing a great job turning him from a rider fairly liked on this forum to one used mostly as a joke . . . .

parrulo said:
machado needs to do more riding and less talk. He hasn't delivered at all on the 2010 season expectations for the last 2 seasons. While costa with much less hype built up around himself is already one of the best riders in the world.

p.s. Also with your constant silly machado perdictions you are doing a great job turning him from a rider fairly liked on this forum to one used mostly as a joke . . . .

+1 . .

Does this mean that all the nonsense about Machado will be kept away from other threads? It is fvcking annoying to read posts in the Alberto thread (and other), where he is being mentioned without ANY relevance to the topic! :mad:
PLEASE STOP THE MACHADO SPAM!

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
pmcg76 said:
Personally I dont find it any more pointless than having a thread about Tour of Alsace(Seriously!!!) or Paris-Correze just because one particular rider is participating.

wow so we cannot have threads on non world tour now. seriously!!!

I created the thread for Tour Alsace and had nothing to do with JTL (which is what i guess you are implying) it has to do with the fact that there are some people on here that, shock horror, like to talk about bike racing. you know actual bike racing. not who is my favourite rider, who is doping, who is not, which team has the nicest shirt.

frankly i think having a thread on Tour Alsace is more valid that 90% of the stuff on here.

find it amazing that people complain constantly about how boring the Giro was how boring the tour was and then think we should not have threads for a race where people are actually racing each other, where it is exciting, where there are nice stages, where riders do stage long breaks

bad news is i will be covering more small races so i apologise up front for filling your precious bandwidth with talk of actual races. I warn you i may even be as presumptuous as to talk about cycling OUTSIDE of europe as well

daveinzambia said:
wow so we cannot have threads on non world tour now. seriously!!!

I created the thread for Tour Alsace and had nothing to do with JTL (which is what i guess you are implying) it has to do with the fact that there are some people on here that, shock horror, like to talk about bike racing. you know actual bike racing. not who is my favourite rider, who is doping, who is not, which team has the nicest shirt.

frankly i think having a thread on Tour Alsace is more valid that 90% of the stuff on here.

find it amazing that people complain constantly about how boring the Giro was how boring the tour was and then think we should not have threads for a race where people are actually racing each other, where it is exciting, where there are nice stages, where riders do stage long breaks

bad news is i will be covering more small races so i apologise up front for filling your precious bandwidth with talk of actual races. I warn you i may even be as presumptuous as to talk about cycling OUTSIDE of europe as well

Yeah, but is there actual coverage of Tour Alsace? Or do we just discuss the results and the few drips of information we get during the race?

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Panda Claws said:
Yeah, but is there actual coverage of Tour Alsace? Or do we just discuss the results and the few drips of information we get during the race?

there is no TV coverage no, and so long as people treat races like this as joke there never will be.

Guess i come from a background where you got 21 half hour stage summaries a year on TV so all cycling coverage had to be discussed from a distance.

pmcg76 said:
Personally I dont find it any more pointless than having a thread about Tour of Alsace(Seriously!!!) or Paris-Correze just because one particular rider is participating.

Woah! Tour de Alsace where a lot of young talent rides. The future was at that race which makes it very interesting to me and many others here.
The fact that there was barely any information on the race made the thread only more important imo.

IznoGood just spams every thread with "Machado will beat everyone" or other troll stuff.

iZnoGouD said:
He started the season on the right foot with a podium on Tour Down Under and was decent in other races.

tiago97.jpg

Now he is preparing for the Vuelta and he says that he is feeling good on training and that he is getting stronger each day.

His team want him to top 10, most people think that it is way too ambicious for him and that he will disappoint, while i think it is ambicious i don't think he will disappoint, he worked very hard this year and he will be rewarded for that!
I think he has a chance but would their be a co-leader?

Also the Aussie podium girls for me were the best, nvm those Spanish ones in the Podium girls thread.

Nothing wrong with a thread on any cyclist or any event, this is a discussion board IIRC.

As long as you have a decent title describing the thread, its up to the readers to decide whether to read or discuss, if no one posts, the thread will die anyway.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Hugh

iZnoGouD said:
Monfort and Machado will be leaders

imo they should only focus on Machado because clearly he is the strongest :cool:

They've only been in the same race once this year (Trofeo Deia), where Machado took 5th place, Monfort 11th. However, in the 2011 Vuelta Monfort was 6th, Machado 32th (Machado only finished better than Monfort on Stage 3 (but in same time) and in the Salamanca ITT). Other than that they haven't been head2head in much (important) races, but Monfort was also better in the 2010 Canadian races and 2010 Paris-Nice.

So I'd say Monfort is the strongest of the two.