• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tiago Machado Discussion Thread

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
daveinzambia said:
wow so we cannot have threads on non world tour now. seriously!!!

I created the thread for Tour Alsace and had nothing to do with JTL (which is what i guess you are implying) it has to do with the fact that there are some people on here that, shock horror, like to talk about bike racing. you know actual bike racing. not who is my favourite rider, who is doping, who is not, which team has the nicest shirt.

frankly i think having a thread on Tour Alsace is more valid that 90% of the stuff on here.

find it amazing that people complain constantly about how boring the Giro was how boring the tour was and then think we should not have threads for a race where people are actually racing each other, where it is exciting, where there are nice stages, where riders do stage long breaks

bad news is i will be covering more small races so i apologise up front for filling your precious bandwidth with talk of actual races. I warn you i may even be as presumptuous as to talk about cycling OUTSIDE of europe as well

Lol at the mock outrage. I could take you seriously if you actually started threads about other 2.2. races but you havent. There are literally loads of races at 2.2 level all year yet only Alsace is worthy of coverage?? I could understand more if it were in a country where it is the main race like the threads about the races in Slovakia or Romania or the BabyGiro which is a huge race but there is no shortage of minor races in France.

For example there was another 2.2 race occuring in Brittany at the same time as Alsace but it didnt have a thread!!! Even in the first post of your Alsace thread, you state the only riders you knew were JTL and Charteau. Hmmm. Paris-Correze was also started by a big JTL fan otherwise it would have gone un-noticed too.

I have no problem with people discussing racing but as you were already aware, there is a sticky thread called 'minor race results' where races like Alsace etc are usually noted or discussed.

90% of the talk in the Racing section is related to fanboyism so I just find the idea of people knocking one particular fanboy over others as unfair.

iZnoGouD

BANNED
Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
CasperVg said:
They've only been in the same race once this year (Trofeo Deia), where Machado took 5th place, Monfort 11th. However, in the 2011 Vuelta Monfort was 6th, Machado 32th (Machado only finished better than Monfort on Stage 3 (but in same time) and in the Salamanca ITT). Other than that they haven't been head2head in much (important) races, but Monfort was also better in the 2010 Canadian races and 2010 Paris-Nice.

So I'd say Monfort is the strongest of the two.

Vuelta was only his 2nd GT in his life, his first was the Giro in the same year, you can't expect great results in the first year...

i'am sure he learnt a lot last year and now he will be stronger :)

iZnoGouD said:
Vuelta was only his 2nd GT in his life, his first was the Giro in the same year, you can't expect great results in the first year...

i'am sure he learnt a lot last year and now he will be stronger :)

Oh, that's right. I forgot to take that into consideration. Either way, I'm sure the competition will mean both will be stronger to ensure their leadership :)

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
issoisso said:
Must be a family member or friend of Machado from Famalicão

Machado has alway given me the impression that he is uncertain of himself in the big events. Perhaps thnking to much about what can go wrong rather just going for it. He needs to work with a personal coach or fire the one he has. I do not doubt he has more potential. The top gear is very hard to find for some.

iZnoGouD

BANNED
Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
BillytheKid said:
Machado has alway given me the impression that he is uncertain of himself in the big events. Perhaps thnking to much about what can go wrong rather just going for it. He needs to work with a personal coach or fire the one he has. I do not doubt he has more potential. The top gear is very hard to find for some.

yeah that's true, he needs to learn how to deal to pressure otherwise it will always be hard to obtain good results

iZnoGouD

BANNED
Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Tiago Machado ‏@Tiagomachado85
Good weather, good Bike ( ofcourse Trek ) and good feelings! Nice training today on my TT bike

looking good for Vuelta :)
he loves to train TT but it seems that he has gotten worse at it, i don't know why :(

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
pmcg76 said:
Lol at the mock outrage. I could take you seriously if you actually started threads about other 2.2. races but you havent. There are literally loads of races at 2.2 level all year yet only Alsace is worthy of coverage?? I could understand more if it were in a country where it is the main race like the threads about the races in Slovakia or Romania or the BabyGiro which is a huge race but there is no shortage of minor races in France.

For example there was another 2.2 race occuring in Brittany at the same time as Alsace but it didnt have a thread!!! Even in the first post of your Alsace thread, you state the only riders you knew were JTL and Charteau. Hmmm. Paris-Correze was also started by a big JTL fan otherwise it would have gone un-noticed too.

I have no problem with people discussing racing but as you were already aware, there is a sticky thread called 'minor race results' where races like Alsace etc are usually noted or discussed.

90% of the talk in the Racing section is related to fanboyism so I just find the idea of people knocking one particular fanboy over others as unfair.

Final point as nothing to do with this thread.

1. If you also bothered to check you would see i had not posted here for a while. That is because as others know i have been posting on cns sister site. Look here and you would find threads for most 2.2 races this year the majority if whom do not feature jtl.

2. I did not post on the brittany race due to illness mainly. I did post on a race in poland. I chose not to start threads onthose as had recently rejoined the site and did not want to spam it with three new threads at once.

3. I discuss several other riders in the thread. in fact your claim might be valid if i was posting on jtl elsewhere.

4. I know there is a smaller races thread. I post in it. i do not really like it, why should races not have there own thread.

I would not you to know all this but you could ask, or even better just not bother complaining at all. Why would you want to complain about someone who is willing to go to a fair amount of effort sourcing unformation from numerous sites in multiple languages just so people can discuss a different race.

In fact if you look around a few sites i think you will find very few people who have posted more on smaller races from all over the world. There are links in threads that show that.

Guess it is just easier to paint anyone who wants to discuss something different as a crazy fanboy who is usingup valuable threads. Because there is a limited number of them.

iZnoGouD

BANNED
Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Machado what are you doing???
answering people on twitter at midnight...
that's not good for you my fellow, i will tell your boss :D

David_William

BANNED
Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Watch Out Froome, the King is back!!

1897904_600440850039559_1321095548_n.png

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm happy for Machado to getting better. He could be the best domestique for König at Le Tour. König, Machado, De La Cruz, Mendes...that's quite something for mountains.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
David_William said:
Konig better start showing some form or he will be the one riding as domestique :b

He was injured so it's difficult to show some form when you are injured. And there are no dubts i Netapp regarding König. He's clearly the best there.
But if he continues to have health troubles and can't get in form before Tour starts than he could happen to help Machado. More likely I think he wouldn't participate in that case and go for Vuelta.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
David_William said:
Hope he recovers quickly then. Will need to be in the best possible shape to help Machado :b

You don't need to get in best possible shape to help somebody fail again, or make a tea.

TRENDING THREADS