• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tim Peddie

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 5, 2010
Visit site
Timm Peddie spells his name with two Ms, and currently lives in GA of all places, doing product development for a wireless phone company. Donny Powell started a premium clothing line of cycling clothes and lives in Boulder. Not sure about Matt Johnson, but I think he is still in Seattle, and still jumping on his bike three times a year to do a Pro/I event.

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Timm got sick of Seattle's rain and jumped out of the sport, as it just was not fun to race clean in Europe (pizza sucks, too) and did not want to race in the USA forever.

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Actually, Warren Gibson (director from Saturn) tried to buy entrance for Chann to the team, who was first alternate. Darren was just riding better (and 'should' have been on the team from a performance perspective) but needed to race his own races, rather than just following Lance's wheel every race. Carmichael was being his normal self and did just about everything possible to get Timm off the team.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
speedyT said:
Actually, Warren Gibson (director from Saturn) tried to buy entrance for Chann to the team, who was first alternate. Darren was just riding better (and 'should' have been on the team from a performance perspective) but needed to race his own races, rather than just following Lance's wheel every race. Carmichael was being his normal self and did just about everything possible to get Timm off the team.

Carmichael did the same thing to Horner for the Atlanta games. At least Chris gets paid well now to accept the status quo. As for Timm (yer right on the spelling) he was right to leave the cold, wet Springs we have.
I've had several riders tell me that Warren was a piece of work...no wonder no one wanted to race domestically with those choices for DS/coaches. Oh, let's not forget Pettyjohn's "clean" program.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Oldman said:
Carmichael did the same thing to Horner for the Atlanta games. At least Chris gets paid well now to accept the status quo. As for Timm (yer right on the spelling) he was right to leave the cold, wet Springs we have.
I've had several riders tell me that Warren was a piece of work...no wonder no one wanted to race domestically with those choices for DS/coaches. Oh, let's not forget Pettyjohn's "clean" program.

Warren was a piece of work. I luckily avoided direct business with him and only knew him on a friendly basis but he could do some strange stuff. I liked hanging out and talking with him but beyond that he was risky,

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Warren was a piece of work. I luckily avoided direct business with him and only knew him on a friendly basis but he could do some strange stuff. I liked hanging out and talking with him but beyond that he was risky,

I don't know if these guys learned from the Euro DS's or not but they know how to profit from their livestock. Unfortunately, many on the forums don't realize that is where the real exploitation and temptation begins. Not much different than WWF in that regard.