• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Timeloss of J.Rodriguez in the ITT towards AC/Froome?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Timeloss of J.Rodriguez in the ITT towards AC/Froome?

• More than 4 min.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Viking said:
“I’m going to fight, I think I will lose between 2:30 and three minutes,” Rodríguez told Spanish newspaper El Mundo.

I think he'll do a little better than he's claiming. I'd say just a hair over two minutes.

That must have been published in the paid edition of El Mundo. It's amazing that CN is not giving a full account of the interview because the headline was something like "I would give up all to be a rider like Boonen or Cancellara".

Regarding the ITT, well, he's changed somewhat his speech. Two years ago he was all for banning them :D

Eshnar said:
Purito is lying, if he would have designed the ITT, it would end with a garage ramp.

haha

let's see.froome with the wattage of olympics tt...purito will lose around four minutes...
but if froome is still in the form of the last week and he didn't improve it...i'd say purito will limit his losses below 2 minutes
it will be interesting no doubt

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Normally I would predict Purito to lose 3mins but with this route my bet is that Froome will beat Bertie by 30-40 secs and Purito and valverde by 2 mins. That means everything will still be wide open before the real mountains

May 2, 2010
Visit site
The more he loses, the more leeway he'll have in the mountain stages, won't he? Which is good for us sitting on the sofa with a cold beer and some nachos.

sartoris said:
The more he loses, the more leeway he'll have in the mountain stages, won't he? Which is good for us sitting on the sofa with a cold beer and some nachos.

If anything, the Giro taught us Purito won't attack from far. He's not that kind of rider. So better for the race if he's close after the ITT.

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Eshnar said:
That was the final ITT of the Giro, when generally gaps aren't high. It was only 28 kms long and he took almost two whole minutes to Pinotti, who we could agree is less strong than Froome...

Oh, you're certainly right about that. I was just going off of Pavi's predictions.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I think JRod will do quite well. I am not expecting a great tt from AC and I am not sure what AV will do. Froome will most likely be the best GC rider.

I think JRod will be around the 2min mark.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
SafeBet said:
If anything, the Giro taught us Purito won't attack from far. He's not that kind of rider. So better for the race if he's close after the ITT.

On real mountains Purito doesn't do that, but on hilly classic like stages I quite like him actually. He did a "long range" attack in a hilly stage of the Giro this year, but failed in his attempt.

May 8, 2009
Visit site
Attempting to be roughly scientific about this. If JRod weighs in at 57kg, and Froomedog 70kg, and there both have the same power/weight (similar in the climbs so far so let's say roughly correct). Then over a flat TT Froomers would be expect to be (70/57)^(1/3) faster. So 3.5 mins for a 50 min TT. With the climb being a quarter of it, I predict 3/4*3.5= ~2 mins 40. If the descent is actually quite technical and you can't power along then maybe we can give JRod a bit better performance but I think given the descent is steep at first then fairly level. Factoring in the descent I'll say 2 mins 30 for Froome, and Froome beats Contador. Feel free to flame is this is completely wrong.

Castroviejo leading so far with 54:10 so at least the 50 min prediction looks roughly right!

TRENDING THREADS