• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tirreno - Adriatico Stage 3, Indicatore -> Narni Scalo, 190 kms (08/03/2013)

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Waterloo Sunrise said:
They're joking - it's a CN forum staple for people to notice the 1 or 2 times Cav doesn't win and ignore the multiple time he does.

I'm much happier that inevitable **** ups happen now than in a grand tour, and there's been nothing to suggest he doesn't have the speed to keep winning whenever given a decent go, so c'est la vie.

I agree. He looked a little boxed in today to me, in addition to having to fight his way back to the front from a long way out in the last couple kms.

Still hugely impressive by Sagan though nonetheless. I'm going to get sick of him winning all the time very soon (and probably for many years to come).

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
spalco said:
I agree. He looked a little boxed in today to me, in addition to having to fight his way back to the front from a long way out in the last couple kms.

Still hugely impressive by Sagan though nonetheless. I'm going to get sick of him winning all the time very soon (and probably for many years to come).

He has the best thruster of any one, but looks a little shy to go for in the wet and loose traction...and fall?

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
forkboy84 said:
I like people jumping to stupid conclusions before the man even says anything. Oh the joy of the internet.

Yeah, today nobody but Cav is to blame for Cavendish not winning. Sagan beat him fair & square. But assuming what the guy says before he gets a microphone in front of him? Grasping at straws chaps

On a side note, I do enjoy the part where people claim Cav is done as a top sprinter with nary a word about Griepel, despite having still beat Andre yesterday & today. Hmmm.

I know, I know, expecting rational reactions from the internet is like expecting a baby to perform long division. Everything has to be BEST EVER or WORST EVER.

Good sprint from Sagan today. Deserves credit for that, beating a strong field.

ladies and gentleman, we have a cavendish fanboy.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Cav is no longer a top sprinter. :D

He broke through in a year with no top sprinter and now finally good sprinters are showing up again.

I think it's fair to say that Sagan is the best sprinter, if he ever had a train like Cav at HTC.. Oh boy.

funny, coming from the guy who has said in about every topic for the past year that sagan is not a topsprinter

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone observed Andy? I desperately strained myself to distinguish him and seems like he flashed from one helicopter's shot from 18k to go. Anyone seen him later?

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
airstream said:
Has anyone observed Andy? I desperately strained myself to distinguish him and seems like he flashed from one helicopter's shot from 18k to go. Anyone seen him later?

Heartweek_3_small.jpg

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
On reflection I may have been a little harsh on Cav, still a disappointment that he got beat but he's extended his lead on the GC which should give him more breathing space as I can see him losing time tomorrow. It's going to need a monumental effort from the team to keep him in the leader's jersey tomorrow and into next week.

Bernie's eyesore said:
On reflection I may have been a little harsh on Cav, still a disappointment that he got beat but he's extended his lead on the GC which should give him more breathing space as I can see him losing time tomorrow. It's going to need a monumental effort from the team to keep him in the leader's jersey tomorrow and into next week.
Hilarious :D

cav didn't get out of the saddle in the sprint,blocked or something again

sagan was great, i thought greipel had it . really nice 25 kms, when cannondale was 50km/hing uphill i thought damn is this poggio? quite the killer team when they go full gas

tomorrow juanjo alla grande!

jens_attacks said:
cav didn't get out of the saddle in the sprint,blocked or something again

sagan was great, i thought greipel had it . really nice 25 kms, when cannondale was 50km/hing uphill i thought damn is this poggio? quite the killer team when they go full gas

tomorrow juanjo alla grande!

Haven't see it, but how hard were they doing if Cav & Andre survived?

TRENDING THREADS