• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

To All Ex-Pros

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
To all Ex-Pros, How bad was doping during your time in the peloton on a scale of 1-10 and who was in your opinion the worst offender?

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
1= clean 10= dirty

ebandit said:
is 1 for bad...............dirty as **** or good cleans

is 10 for good cleans or bad dirty as ****?

lately 95% clean...............or 95% dirty depending who one asks or

observes

Mark L

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Spinal_Tap_-_Up_to_Eleven.jpg

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
As a former amateur racer, and reader of the news, if masters and ego-driven cat whatever riders are getting popped I'd assume the outlook isn't great given that things have supposedly tightened up.

As an amateur that did several pro level races about 5 years ago, and still races Pro/1/2 local races, I would say it is possible to win stages clean. I know guys that won NRC stages clean. Top-5 GC is realistic for really good guys.

I'm talking Redlands, Cascade, Nature Valley type races.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
IzzyStradlin said:
As an amateur that did several pro level races about 5 years ago, and still races Pro/1/2 local races, I would say it is possible to win stages clean. I know guys that won NRC stages clean. Top-5 GC is realistic for really good guys.

I'm talking Redlands, Cascade, Nature Valley type races.

In a similar boat and same opinion up to 2005. Couldn't say the same thing racing against USPS Masters when 5 would show up. Podium at best unless you managed to isolate one of them. Local pros say that is current circumstance domestically where testing is obviously not going to happen.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
70kmph said:
It's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. ... Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
70kmph are you ReallyFakeFrankie, and if you are, could you please re-up your Xtra-Normal STFU Levi and Michelob Lance to youtube

please

ebandit said:
as no doping pros have responded...............one must conclude that they

are all clean

Mark L

We have it on good authority (Tyler Hamilton) that none other than the Lance estimated that 'They (the Choads) are all doing it'.

Given his acknowledged firsthand expertise in the matter, no other pros need respond.

Dave.

A few in the UK in the 90s. Most are fairly well known. Positives covered up, sudden bouts of glandular fever taking dodgy riders out for 6 months. Mainly individuals rather than the team wide stuff that goes on now. Substances like cortisone / synacthen in the main with mainly some amphet for crits. Rumours of some EPO usage amongst a few riders towards the end of the 90s.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
bobbins said:
A few in the UK in the 90s. Most are fairly well known. Positives covered up, sudden bouts of glandular fever taking dodgy riders out for 6 months. Mainly individuals rather than the team wide stuff that goes on now. Substances like cortisone / synacthen in the main with mainly some amphet for crits. Rumours of some EPO usage amongst a few riders towards the end of the 90s.
synacthen was not able to be tested for well into the 2000s. I wonder if there is a test for it now?

TRENDING THREADS