• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

TOC Stage 1: Sunday, May 16 2010, Nevada City - Sacramento, 167.8km

May 6, 2009
Visit site
atoc2010_stage1profile_600.jpg

Looks like bit of a snooze fest with Cav getting the win and reminding us how great he is.

May 15, 2010
Visit site
What's the field like for this years edition? I know Cav and Lance are in as they are on American teams who seem to be taking this tour as a priority. But what other top riders are here? Personally I think moving it to May has been the wrong move as many of the top riders may stay away as they will not be prepared to put up with the long travel out to America at this time of the year when they are in full training for the Tour de France.

toontoon said:
What's the field like for this years edition? I know Cav and Lance are in as they are on American teams who seem to be taking this tour as a priority. But what other top riders are here? Personally I think moving it to May has been the wrong move as many of the top riders may stay away as they will not be prepared to put up with the long travel out to America at this time of the year when they are in full training for the Tour de France.

http://www.cyclingfever.com/editie.html?detp=view&_ap=startlijst&editie_idd=MTk3MTY=

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
They're thinking a blocked nerve from sitting on the plane too long, they're not sure. It's not a really big problem and it seems to hurt more when he's walking then when he's on the bike, but if he doesn't even try for the win (he tends to hide in the peloton when he's not in the mood), that's probably why.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
tgsgirl said:
They're thinking a blocked nerve from sitting on the plane too long, they're not sure. It's not a really big problem and it seems to hurt more when he's walking then when he's on the bike, but if he doesn't even try for the win (he tends to hide in the peloton when he's not in the mood), that's probably why.

I thought they flew business class on the long haul trips, not in economy/coach!

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
craig1985 said:
I thought they flew business class on the long haul trips, not in economy/coach!

Maybe that's the difference between Sky and Quick-Step :) Tombo's had back problems (nerves) before, so... Either way, I'm just telling you what Sporza is telling me.

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm interested in how Fly V Australia will compete against the pro Tour teams. They are topping the National Racing Calendar this year (also topped it last year I believe). Considering their desire to step up to Pro Tour status (and ride in the 2012 TDF) I expect they will be wanting to demonstrate their potential in this race which is receiving more media and European interest than normal.

I would like to see a win from this team, or at very least be attacking hard, getting into the spotlight in breakaways, and on a podium or two. The team: Jonathan Cantwell (AUS), Benjamin Day (AUS), Charles Dionne (CAN), Aaron Kemps (AUS), Darren Lill (RSA), Bernie Sulzberger (AUS), Jay Thompson (RSA), Phil Zaijek (USA)

Day, Lill, Kemp and Sulzberger all wining races in Aus and USA, Zaijek also performing well. Bernie Sulzberger, like Richie Porte is from Tasmania. So we don't only produce gods of cricket ala Boonie and Punter.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts