Todays Richard Award Goes To

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
DirtyWorks said:
And then there's the problem of kids interested in cycling trying to fit it into a College plan. Suddenly a minor college with a formal cycling program moves way up the list and it only cost them a minor dope dealer's salary. The kid won't care and rhe dope enabling continues unabated.
Mr Crawford, I wanna be successful like Leipheimer and Danielson......
 
Haha, that's ****ing hilarious - from wikipedia:

In 2002, O'Bee was suspended for a year after testing at the 2001 US championship showed an elevated testosterone-to-epitestosterone ratio.[1] O'Bee said the positive drug test "resulted from a special training regimen recommended by his coach, which involved dietary supplements and exercise."[2]
 
Old interview with Crawford. :)

http://velonews.competitor.com/2005/08/news/coach-speak-a-conversation-with-rick-crawford_8792:

RC: I get very angry when somebody points a finger at me. I have a fiery personality. I carry a lot of passion and I carry it out there. It’s just the price of success. When your guys start kicking ****, everybody wants to know why. It’s a sad commentary that human nature is that way, but when you start enjoying the kind of success that my athletes have enjoyed it seems like the first thing people say is well they must be using drugs.

I understand the mentality because there was a time when I pointed fingers when I was a professional triathlete. I wish it wasn’t that way. I think that what Matt DeCanio stands for is good. He’s against drugs. I am against drugs. I get ticked off when that finger gets pointed at me, a guy who has pretty much walked a straight line. It ticks me off. I try to act with integrity and good character. These guys don’t even know me. I’ve never met Matt DeCanio. Period. My accusers don’t know Rick Crawford. That chaps me.

If they really want to accuse me of something, they ought to come to town, find me and talk to me. When someone I don’t even know comes from left field, it’s easy to create a conspiracy. The guys I work with are very high profile. It’s easy to say well they are involved with that team and that team had a program, and I know this guy and he said that. Well, you know, rumor and innuendo are very dangerous.

I wouldn’t do anything different. My guys have achieved great things and I know that my involvement has been clean. I’m not going to sit here and tell you that every one of my guys have never done drugs, but if they have I’m certainly not aware of it. And they’d have a problem with me. I don’t want to be associated with that. There are too many good people in my circle for one bad egg to drag us down.

That’s the nature of sport, though. Every sport where there are dollars to be made has been corrupted in some way because humans are a flawed product. I’m a flawed product as well, but in that respect I’m proud of the fact that I went through my entire athletic career on nothing stronger than ibuprofen. And that’s the strongest thing that I’ve ever recommended that my athletes take. Anybody who doesn’t believe that can come down here, dive into my records, do whatever you want. But don’t sit across the country on the Internet and accuse me, because the next time I see you, you are going to have to deal with me face to face.
 
Jun 18, 2009
1,225
1
0
BroDeal said:
"Anybody who doesn’t believe that can come down here, dive into my records, do whatever you want. But don’t sit across the country on the Internet and accuse me, because the next time I see you, you are going to have to deal with me face to face."
Wow... big talk from King D-Bag. It's cool though. He stopped doping up riders in 2006. It was a magical year.

The complete ease with which he lied then should put any words he says now into their proper perspective.
 
BroDeal said:
Old interview with Crawford. :)

http://velonews.competitor.com/2005/08/news/coach-speak-a-conversation-with-rick-crawford_8792:

... I don’t want to be associated with that. There are too many good people in my circle for one bad egg to drag us down.

...
So many great quotes in there.

I picked this one because of the multiple ironies

Not only was this a partial parrot of Lance's absurdities (please refer to my sig below), but kind of flips around the bad apple homily and tells us that a bad bunch can spoil the one good apple or egg.

Perhaps the bad egg he was thinking about was someone like Simeoni.

We can be comforted that Rick's circle must have included all the good dopers.

Dave.
 
131313 said:
Wow... big talk from King D-Bag. It's cool though. He stopped doping up riders in 2006. It was a magical year.

The complete ease with which he lied then should put any words he says now into their proper perspective.
It sounds just like Armstrong talk.

"We like our credibility."
 
Aug 3, 2010
843
0
0
Ferminal said:
Didn't Crawford go on a mega anti-Lance twitter rant twelve or so months ago?

We seemed to like him then :eek:

(Maybe confusing him with someone else)
mewmewmew13 said:
He did Fermi!
I remember shaking my head...said he was drinking a wine box and on a rant! :rolleyes:
He is still pi**ed that Comical got all the fame and fortune.
 
Aug 3, 2010
843
0
0
Rick, you shouldn't have signed that letter with USAC stating that if you were cought in any other scandal other than your Levi admission, you would accept it as a second violation and accept a lifetime ban. Trailer park, here you come. You deserve it:)

USAC..it's time to do your job!
 
Aug 3, 2010
843
0
0
ElChingon said:
Link? Like to see it on paper (text) so to speak.
Do your own Google search. Every sports news agency other than CN has reports on his being fired. If you are referring to USADA, that certainly isn't going to happen in a matter of hours.
 
Aug 3, 2010
843
0
0
ElChingon said:
I am far from a scrooge. This is my favorite time of the year. Probably the time that I am nicest to those around me. May even break down and ask LA if he wants to set all differences aside and be willing to bring some of his girls from the Yellow Rose over to my house to celebrate around the Festivus Pole.:)
 
Jun 19, 2009
5,220
0
0
spetsa said:
I am far from a scrooge. This is my favorite time of the year. Probably the time that I am nicest to those around me. May even break down and ask LA if he wants to set all differences aside and be willing to bring some of his girls from the Yellow Rose over to my house to celebrate around the Festivus Pole.:)
Beware the feats of strength...those girls are flexible and used to working the pole...
 
42x16ss said:
I doubt that it would be Henk Vogels, it would do to much damage to the family name. Him, his Dad and his brother are all heavily involved in coaching.
Since when has that ever mattered? Chris Carmichael and the guy who started the thread who probably still has a job at the college coaching young adults. Comical has apparently a very successful business based on doping children. Pat McQaid happily rode in Apartheid-era South Africa.

Cycling is that awful. Hopefully the Vogels play it straight despite all the cheating and corruption.
 
DirtyWorks said:
Since when has that ever mattered? Chris Carmichael and the guy who started the thread who probably still has a job at the college coaching young adults. Comical has apparently a very successful business based on doping children. Pat McQaid happily rode in Apartheid-era South Africa.

Cycling is that awful. Hopefully the Vogels play it straight despite all the cheating and corruption.
I only said that because the Vogels are legit coaches, not just a beard for a doctor such as Ferrari.

If Vogels was to confess it could throw suspicion to Henk Snr and Leon as well. With the way Cycling Australia are going atm everyone is being thrown under the bus (unless you're Neil Stephens :rolleyes: )
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY