• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Today's Stage a sign of Sprinters strategy

I think missing out of todays soap opera as the Astana turns, is the fact that Columbia went full gas towards the end to cause the split because the other sprinter's teams were not willing to work.

I think all the teams have realized they have zero probabilty to win a sprint against Cavenish by not forcing his team to do the work. He is not only by far the top sprinter, but his team is by far the best lead-out team. Its obvious that he is almost impossible to beat now. I think you will see more of the other sprinter's teams trying to put a guy in the early break in trying to get a stage win, because eventually, later in the Tour, Columbia will be too worn out to do the work. Makes no sense to waste energy working with Columbia towards the end when you know that Cavendish is going to win.

I Suspect a flat stage or 2 will have a breakaway winning instead of an expected field sprint.

A

Anonymous

Please show forum etiquette and make this a post in an existing thread instead of starting one. Thank you for your help.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Carl0880 said:
I think missing out of todays soap opera as the Astana turns, is the fact that Columbia went full gas towards the end to cause the split because the other sprinter's teams were not willing to work. .

That's cause all the LA haters on the forum are to intent on bashing LA/Astana/JB/Contador and instead miss the race tactics, even though they are right in front of their face. Sad Sad Sad.

TRENDING THREADS