Tony Martin Bandwagon thread

Will Tony Martin reach a Top Ten overall finish at this year's Tour de France

  • Hell No

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
Apr 7, 2011
4,148
0
0
As their have been complaints about Tony Martin highjacking too many threads, i decided to create this bandwagon thread.
So here supporters of Tony can celebrate his victories, discuss news and certain issues about him, chear for him and so on without dirsturbing other posters.
So feel free to join the Bandwaggon if you are supporting the Panzerwagen, the new Kaiser, Big Tony, the Diesel, Ullrich 2.0, Tourgott 3, ...:D
Give it up for Tony!:D

 
Apr 7, 2011
4,148
0
0
dlwssonic said:
he can already beat spartacus its just if he wants to!
Depends on the track. If its a point a to point B track with some hills yes. If it's a city curcuit with many corners (like zthis year again) no
 
Jun 22, 2009
10,475
0
0
The Hitch said:
Ah. But you were pretty convinced he would beat Cancellara in 2010.

I remember Timmy;)
no no.

I said he was close, never said he would beat spartacus (pretty certain I didn't. I remember the discussion). Either provide quote or no egg on my face boy :p
I did say he was the clear best after canc. which he is.
 
Sep 8, 2009
13,779
0
0
i expect him to drag his big body on this year's tour mountains just like wiggins in 09.
marco pinotti,peter velits,sivtsov all top ten in grand tours.htc won't fail.
 
Apr 7, 2011
4,148
0
0
jens_attacks said:
i expect him to drag his big body on this year's tour mountains just like wiggins in 09.
marco pinotti,peter velits,sivtsov all top ten in grand tours.htc won't fail.
What do you mean by drag his body? (Sorry don't understand this english expression;))
 
Sep 8, 2009
13,779
0
0
Bavarianrider said:
What do you mean by drag his body? (Sorry don't understand this english expression;))
the climbers will drop him of course so he must push his limits and survive.
just like in this photo:

 
Apr 8, 2011
9
0
0
I'm on the bandwagon too;)

I hope he can do the top 10 in the Tour.

By the way, If I remember right, Cancellara said he will not going in the ITT at WC because he will focus on the road race.
 
the 2009 tour was the ideal race for something like that to happen. with this year route? he won't break the top 20 let alone the top 10

btw in the 2009 tour tony martin got out climbed by the great climber juan manuel garate. how about that for climbing potential?
 
Apr 7, 2011
4,148
0
0
Parrulo said:
the 2009 tour was the ideal race for something like that to happen. with this year route? he won't break the top 20 let alone the top 10

btw in the 2009 tour tony martin got out climbed by the great climber juan manuel garate. how about that for climbing potential?
Well he outclimbed your boy van den Broeck a couple of times in 09 before he cracked cause of tiredness. No wonder he had to work for cav like 100km avery day
 
Jan 11, 2010
12,243
0
0
Parrulo said:
the 2009 tour was the ideal race for something like that to happen. with this year route? he won't break the top 20 let alone the top 10

btw in the 2009 tour tony martin got out climbed by the great climber juan manuel garate. how about that for climbing potential?
Garate has a few top-10s in the Giro to his name.

jens_attacks said:
i expect him to drag his big body on this year's tour mountains just like wiggins in 09.
marco pinotti,peter velits,sivtsov all top ten in grand tours.htc won't fail.
I hope and believe that Velits will eventually take up the role of GC leader, after Tony Martin fails yet again in the mountains.
 
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
no no.

I said he was close, never said he would beat spartacus (pretty certain I didn't. I remember the discussion). Either provide quote or no egg on my face boy :p
I did say he was the clear best after canc. which he is.
I was pretty sure you said it Timmy, (i have a photographic memory, kind of), but no way i was going to go through 2 months of Eneco, Geelong, maybe even Vuelta threads looking for that post.

So i decided to try my luck and type it into google.

Sorry Timmy. Google proved cooperative.:p

To be fair i was wrong to say you were convinced (you were convinced however that Gilbert would win RR and please dont make me go dig up that:p)

But here it is


Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
I dunno, I think Martin will give him a run for his money.
In fact I predict tony gets the stripes this year.
:D
 
theyoungest said:
Garate has a few top-10s in the Giro to his name.


I hope and believe that Velits will eventually take up the role of GC leader, after Tony Martin fails yet again in the mountains.
well garate's performances did vanish after 2006 in terms of GT's top 10's when he got 7th at the giro raiding for QS. after that there is nothing to show. and before that he rode for saunier duval and lampre around the time cunego won the giro :eek: as much as i hate to say this kind of stuff it does seem very weird. ;)

anyway i am with you on the velits one. he has much more potential in terms of GC then martin, much more as infinite times more GC potential then martin because you can't multiply 0 GC potential :p
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

Latest posts