• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tony Martin

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Uran is 34 seconds behind Froome ATM. An excellent TTT would put him in yellow. Don't think they can be that much better than Sky or BMC without Tony though, but who knows?

Gutted for Tony, at least he got his two days in yellow. He deserved even more.

Re:

MikeTichondrius said:
Uran is 34 seconds behind Froome ATM. An excellent TTT would put him in yellow. Don't think they can be that much better than Sky or BMC without Tony though, but who knows?
I don't think Etixx could beat Sky by 34 seconds even with Tony onboard. There's quite a bit of a climb at the end of the stage and Etixx roster seems to be less suited to ride this final climb in good pace than some other teams we have out there, major GC teams especially.

cineteq said:
Lefevere: It's very sad. But Tony was still smiling. He said: "OK I spent two days in the yellow jersey, it was a dream when I was a kid. And I got it. I cannot be too sad".

Great quote!! Although technically it was three days, as he got to put it on after stage 4.

A most deserving wearer of yellow and I'm even happier that he got to wear it having seen his appreciation in the aftermath.

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
Is tony going for the cobbled classics? Didnt he say that he would?

Edit: just checked his procycling stats profile and saw that the is on the startlist of most cobbled races! Nice

TRENDING THREADS