• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Top Amgen Tour names defend cycling in wake of Landis statements

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/top-amgen-tour-names-defend-cycling-in-wake-of-landis-statements

"I'm getting a little bit sick of this stuff," Rogers said after being asked another question about the effect of Landis' e-mails, which accused a number of riders including Lance Armstrong and his former US Postal team of doping.

"The sport has got to get away from negativity. Everyone has to pull their weight from the riders to the management to the race organizers, we all have to do everything we can to get away from the doping issue because it's killing the sport."

Everyone has to pull their weight? We all have to do everything we can to get away from the doping issue?? Is Rogers trying to explain how everything will be better if the fans and the media simply adopt the outlook of the riders? Let's just get away from the doping issue, nothing to see here, just enjoy the sport, stop asking so many damned questions!

"I would like to say that there isn't anyone out there who wants a clean sport more than me. I'm out there suffering day in, day out. I sacrifice everything, my family - I don't see my kids that much, and when I'm home I train 5, 6, 7 hours a day and I give everything for this sport," Hincapie said.

Ya ya ya, that's why you're a pro and we're not. We want you to do the same thing, just without the dope, is that ok?? It's so incredibly easy to identify the dopers just by their statements.

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
A former T-Mobile rider who had a suspicious "viral" issue that sidelined him for some time...

Who else was in the car with Kloden and Sinkewicz on the ride to the transfusion clinic?

I'm getting sick of these primma-donna pros like Rogers and Leechheimer enforcing Omerta by accusing whistleblowers of "negativity" and "killing the sport."

The idiots who are killing the sport are these hypocritical sanctimonious punks who dope up and then get ****y with fans when they get called on it.

Everytime serious drug allegations are dismissed by douchebag pros wielding the trump card of "boo hoo I'm on my bike 6 hours a day and therefore you should kiss the ground that I walk upon and never question me" the sport gets less and less credible and I care less and less about the people racing in it. Have fun playing with your needles tonight Levi and Michael; that sure is a healthy lifestyle. :rolleyes:

I was actually happy for Rogers success after coming back from a lot of adversity until I heard him use his platform as race winner to enforce Omerta. Nice job Mick, you're full of it. Have fun at the Tour, can't think of any reason to waste my life watching your rolling drug wagon this summer.

May 24, 2010
Visit site
....we may have been naughty boys in the past but we're all good now and you should forget what happened....erm NO.

Come clean, tell us what you've been up to and maybe we'll think about it but please stop patronising cycling fans, we're not that stupid.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
santacruz said:
"I would like to say that there isn't anyone out there who wants a clean sport more than me. I'm out there suffering day in, day out. I sacrifice everything, my family - I don't see my kids that much, and when I'm home I train 5, 6, 7 hours a day and I give everything for this sport," Hincapie said.

Ya ya ya, that's why you're a pro and we're not. We want you to do the same thing, just without the dope, is that ok?? It's so incredibly easy to identify the dopers just by their statements.

I remember I once read an interview with Hincapie, and he said something to the extent that he had "the best job in the world", because he "could ride his bike, 5, 6, 7 hours a day." Moreover, "how could he not be envied for being paid to be outside, on the roads and doing what he loved most"

Dream job v sacrifice... what's it gonna be ;)

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
I remember I once read an interview with Hincapie, and he said something to the extent that he had "the best job in the world", because he "could ride his bike, 5, 6, 7 hours a day." Moreover, "how could he not be envied for being paid to be outside, on the roads and doing what he loved most"

Dream job v sacrifice... what's it gonna be ;)

I do not know Micheal Rogers but I do know Levi and George.

They are confused, please cut them some slack.

and of course his current team are paragons of virtue and the cleanest team ever...

Rogers, Hincapie, the poison Dwarf really really want this to go away. Not just because of what it can do to others but because of what it can do to them.

I wish journalists had the balls to call their bull**** for what it is.

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I think GH should keep it shut for his own sake, and let Lance and The Hog answer the questions from the media. You just dont want to go public with (weak) denials when Novitzky is on the case. He`s only digging his hole deeper with these patehetic "ooooh look at poor old Hinky Dinky, I`m out there suffering 25-26 hours a day" gibberish.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Mrs John Murphy said:
and of course his current team are paragons of virtue and the cleanest team ever...

Rogers, Hincapie, the poison Dwarf really really want this to go away. Not just because of what it can do to others but because of what it can do to them.

I wish journalists had the balls to call their bull**** for what it is.
dwarfs got da' TUE for HGH for tweatment of da' dwarfizm

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I sit at my job 8.5 hours a day and then go home and ride the bike 2-3 hours most days, and you don't hear me whining. I agree that GH needs to keep his trap shut.

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
The sooner you guys admit that EVERYONE of note in cycling is doped, the sooner you can get back to enjoying the racing.

YES, your favorite rider is doping.

And yes, he's going to deny it if asked.

kurtinsc said:
The sooner you guys admit that EVERYONE of note in cycling is doped, the sooner you can get back to enjoying the racing.

YES, your favorite rider is doping.

And yes, he's going to deny it if asked.

It's already been admitted, I think. Very few people actually think teams like HTC, RS, Astana, Sky, etc. are clean.

It's not stopping me from enjoying cycling, but I'd prefer that what I watch at least be an honest race.

TRENDING THREADS