• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Top six cycling team jerseys NOT to wear

It is a really poor list.

Tinkoff? Because they hired Hamilton? Why not Liquigas for hiring Basso or Disco for doing the same or Saxo-Tinkoff for hiring Contador? Ridiculous reasoning when there are so many other teams with scandals larger than hiring the wrong person.

I was expecting to see Liberty Seguros.

BroDeal said:

Tinkoff? Because they hired Hamilton? Why not Liquigas for hiring Basso or Disco for doing the same or Saxo-Tinkoff for hiring Contador? Ridiculous reasoning when there are so many other teams with scandals larger than hiring the wrong person.

Yeah badly written, lazy journalism.

p.s. can you change back to your old avatar pic... i hate seeing mr vaughters. :p

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Le Groupement kit is so bad it's good. One so ugly it's funny and advertising a ponzi scheme. What could be more appropriate in this day and age?

BroDeal said:

Its tdf based as everything that comes out of Britain about cycling so ls didn't register so.much.

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Caruut said:
It was written by a British journalist who also wrote this: http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/bike-blog/2012/jun/14/lance-armstrong-usada-doping-charges. He loudly proclaimed that he was "not an expert" on the matter before writing a few paragraphs that served only to confirm that initial statement that he didn't know very much before concluding that Lance should just be given a free pass.

Lol. Funny how even on that they are towing the sky line to a tee- Thomas said exactly the same thing as the closing paragraph.

I was finishing a ride today and waiting at a stop light behind a guy with an early version USPS jersey :p
I was especially focused on the other sponsor on one of the back pockets....a very prominent Thomas Weisel Partners...[insert gag emote]

it made me laugh too, as prolly only those in 'this thing of ours' would fixate like I did :D

How about we turn this frown upside-down with the right jerseys worn by the right people - hey the models actually earned them?:

Greg_Lemond.jpg

Hinault_Roubaix81_@PhSpt2.jpg

44f99df2_Hampsten_Alcala_La_Madeleine_88.jpg

LVC_86_1.jpg

Accentuate the positive.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Well some don't see the irony of wearing said ex-bad press kits but they all come back.

* Phonak now supports Landis and Hamilton,
* Festina for the obviousness of it all,
* USPS to automatically bring up talk of USPS, its a crowd please-er!
* Shack egh, still to young and no direct story to them other than the fiasco of this year,
* T-Mobile the comedy, attack at any time :D ! (see USPS)

The list goes on, surprised this being in the clinic you guys don't get what wearing of those kits means these days?

TRENDING THREADS