• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Top three doping/cleanist nations

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
afpm90 said:
Maybe Andre Greipel, Gerald Ciolek, Marcus Burghardt, Heinrich Haussler and so many others.

Don't make generalizations.

And calling Britain clean, with gluten-free Wiggo and the rest of the immaculate Olympic track-team :D

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
blaxland said:
Thats Easy;
Dirtiest nation=1st=Spain
2nd=Italy
3rd=Russia or Netherlands

Cleanest nations=1st=Australia
2nd=New Zealand
3rd=France

The Netherlands doped and Austrialia teh cleanest?!?

Let's sum it up:
Zoetemelk was screwed over by the French, Rooks and Winnen are liars trying to get attention, PDM really had rotten chicken, TVM actually did help a Russian childrens hospital with EPO, Erik Dekker's bandage was too tight, Thomas Dekker was a scapegoat, Boogerd has nothing to do with HumanPlasma and Johnny has a natural testosterone scale that makes you wonder why he isn't jailed for rape yet.

Australia on the other hand has a good deal of 'almost certain' dopers: O'Grady, McEwen, Gerrans, Davis, Lloyd, Lancaster, McGee...

Evans might present himself as Mr.Clean but he's high on A-Holephetamine and that's not good either.

Again: This thread is BS.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Pro Cycling's Rich Traditions

At its Heart and Soul, Pro Cycling is a European Sport. And the rich and
wonderful tradition of cycle-doping resides there.
Currently, I would advise aspiring dopers to make contacts in:

1) Spain
2) Italy
3) Austria

Heck, even Lance knew way back when - you need to go to Europe to dope with the Big Dogs!

As far as which nation's riders are the dopiest - it probably correlates pretty closely with the results:

UCI World Rankings - Nations

1 Spain 1756 pts
2 Italy 984
3 Australia 960
4 Germany 753
5 Belgium 675
6 Russian Federation 660
7 Luxembourg 563
8 Netherlands 544
9 Norway 538
10 United States of America 528
11 Great Britain 489
12 France 454
13 Czech Republic 330
14 Denmark 322
15 Switzerland 285
16 Ireland 213
17 Belarus 126
18 Slovenia 119
19 Sweden 105
20 Estonia 98
21 Colombia 91
22 Kazakhstan 79
23 Canada 75
24 Slovakia 51
25 Poland 44

A

Anonymous

afpm90 said:
Maybe Andre Greipel, Gerald Ciolek, Marcus Burghardt, Heinrich Haussler and so many others.

Don't make generalizations.

i wasnt generalizing.. if i wanted to stereotype i would have mentioned deck chairs and towels..

ak-zaaf said:
And calling Britain clean, with gluten-free Wiggo and the rest of the immaculate Olympic track-team :D

cos the dutch are spotless.. :p

i agree.. this thread is BS

Polish said:
As far as which nation's riders are the dopiest - it probably correlates pretty closely with the results:

UCI World Rankings - Nations

1 Spain 1756 pts
2 Italy 984
3 Australia 960
4 Germany 753
5 Belgium 675
6 Russian Federation 660
7 Luxembourg 563
8 Netherlands 544
9 Norway 538
10 United States of America 528
11 Great Britain 489
12 France 454
13 Czech Republic 330
14 Denmark 322
15 Switzerland 285
16 Ireland 213
17 Belarus 126
18 Slovenia 119
19 Sweden 105
20 Estonia 98
21 Colombia 91
22 Kazakhstan 79
23 Canada 75
24 Slovakia 51
25 Poland 44

You know what, looking at that list, I think you actually nailed it.
Stop the game we have a winner.

A

Anonymous

Hugh Januss said:
You know what, looking at that list, I think you actually nailed it.
Stop the game we have a winner.

khazaks the fourth cleanest country?

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Vino 4 ever

dimspace said:
khazaks the fourth cleanest country?

Wait 'till next year - I expect they will move up the list:)

alexandre-vinokourov-de-retour-dans.jpg

This thread is too funny!

And I'm serious here ... I'm still laughing my ass off. Makes it hard to type!

Hmmmm, what's consistent for dirty - Spain and Italy! Shocker :D I like the query on Kazakhstan - given Astana is named after their capital :eek:

Clean? USA USA (cough cough, ummmm not!) I like Antarctica myself, and perhaps Iceland or Greenland!

Clean cycling cultures: anywhere where there isn't much money. The road scene in US/Oz/UK/S America is always going to be cleaner, at least in terms of efficacy if not morality, because there's no money. No-one's going to get on a proper programme unless they're any good, in which case they're going to go to mainland Europe anyway. I'm sure people are doping on speed and steroids and whatnot in Premier Calendars, but there's no-one on blood transfusions or CERA because they can't afford it, and if they could afford it they'd be doing it in Italy or Belgium where they can ride proper races.

Dirty cycling cultures: anywhere where there's the possibility to make money and/or be famous. Belgium, Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Luxembourg, parts of Germany. Not riders from those places, but riders that end up in those places.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
R.0.t.O said:
Clean cycling cultures:

Dirty cycling cultures: anywhere where there's the possibility to make money and/or be famous. Belgium, Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Luxembourg, parts of Germany. Not riders from those places, but riders that end up in those places.

This is not strictly true.

The US domestic pro scene is far dirtier than many European places equivalent level. That's because there is limited testing, and cash prizes at most races.

Doping happens where people can get away with it, and where there is steroid use in the culture. The US has a massive culture of PED use across all sports, and even for vanity reasons, with limited testing and often lenient sanctions.

TRENDING THREADS