• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Toschnig charged with perjury

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/totschnig-charged-with-lying-under-oath-about-doping

Discuss...

In what could be a world first for the clinic, the OP will hereby take their own thread off-topic in the very first post by asking is this going to reflect the future of the Armstrong case: someone gets charged and starts implicating others to lessen their own penalty?

Mods, I await your warnings. Sorry. In advance.

Back on topic: The HumanPlasma case has been dragging for years now. Where could this take it? Does Menchov have anything to worry about? Bernard Kohl knows a thing or two and despite his mea culpa, he's not yet ready to name names.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Stingray34 said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/totschnig-charged-with-lying-under-oath-about-doping

Discuss...

In what could be a world first for the clinic, the OP will hereby take their own thread off-topic in the very first post by asking is this going to reflect the future of the Armstrong case: someone gets charged and starts implicating others to lessen their own penalty?

Mods, I await your warnings. Sorry. In advance.

Back on topic: The HumanPlasma case has been dragging for years now. Where could this take it? Does Menchov have anything to worry about? Bernard Kohl knows a thing or two and despite his mea culpa, he's not yet ready to name names.

Why are the authorities hassling this poor guy, oh yeah, now I get it Austria, close to Germany, Totschni, an Austrian riding for a German team.

Jah, Jah lets ruin cycling for Germany and Austria. Vengence by his ex-Frau!! Jah, jah kill the sport, gut!

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
flicker said:
Why are the authorities hassling this poor guy, oh yeah, now I get it Austria, close to Germany, Totschni, an Austrian riding for a German team.

Jah, Jah lets ruin cycling for Germany and Austria. Vengence by his ex-Frau!! Jah, jah kill the sport, gut!

Your geopolitical knowledge is astounding. You must be Noam Chomsky.

GrammarStrong.

roundabout said:
Mayer says it's all bogus.

But still it would be interesting to see what makes the prosecution certain enough to charge Totschnig et al
Usually, when someone chooses to cooperate with the authorities they still feel the need to deny they're ratting anyone out, even if it's obvious they are.

Totschnig was one of my favourite riders, but if he perjured himself he had this coming. At least Camenzind (my all-time favourite rider) admitted to the testers he had doped, he retired and said he wasn't going to tell anything else because he was scared of the consequences of doing so.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
roundabout said:
I would have probably picked the ex-wife. The one that can't find Vienna according to Mayer, but you could well be right.

Ex wife's you say? It is important to keep them happy, very happy.:rolleyes:

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
roundabout said:
Mayer says it's all bogus.

But still it would be interesting to see what makes the prosecution certain enough to charge Totschnig et al

This is a stretch but is it possibly tied to Interpol's cooperation with the USADA investigation? Not that Totschnig was involved in any way with LA but the possibility of a general crackdown on illegal medical activity as well as PED distribution? Saying it again sounds far-fetched but it is odd to resurrect a case this old without some motivation.

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
A doper by default lies. Just like Marion, once in court he did what came naturally. Trouble is, it comes back to bite them.

cheers

TRENDING THREADS