• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Total Hemoglobin Mass

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

jackhammer111 said:
you've been sucking lance's water bottle again haven't you. .. tsk tsk tsk.

really, this guy is proud to have one of lances water bottles from nevada city.

at least cubs fan throw home runs back.

No moron, I found it ironic that I was the one to get it. I am also very happy with the performance increase I got from using it without washing it. You really are stupid.

A

Anonymous

Alpe d'Huez said:
As I said before, one tactic the UCI or ASO could use is to simply announce the week the Tour starts that at some point during the Tour or just after it, the CO test for hemoglobin mass is planned to be used on several riders; race leaders, stage winners, and random riders.

They don't even have to use the test, just the statement alone would possibly scare quite a few riders out of their shorts and considerably cut into blood doping. After the Tour was over and no testing done, they can simply say they chose not to use it at this time, but will in the future, so be ready.

Growing weary of doping talk here. This is the last doping thread I'll post in before the Tour starts, and I'll only make a few more posts. Hope others will join me.

Dude! It's a thread about a doping test!;)

I think we've had a lot of good information come through this thread but that we fell short of actually describing something that would work at this time.

Maybe a way to do it now exists but it hasn't come close to being proven here.

My impression of passport is that you can build a current profile with which you can sanction a rider without going back and changing the results of races run.

If you test someone during a race then test again later for your baseline then you'd have to take the result away.

Still other questions too.

If you are reading this thread for the first time don't let my little tiff with the resident juvenile delinquent bother you.

Go back and you'll see that it stay pretty much on topic.

At this point, I don't think it would be correct for anyone to talk about the total hemoglobin mass test as the pie in the sky cure for doping in the sport if just someone would snap their fingers and make it happen. Or to think there's some conspiracy afoot because it's not being done.

The science behind the test is cutting edge and cool but there are many practical matters not resolved. Not here anyway.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Cobblestones said:
When will this nonsense die? Cera has not, never had, and never will have markers in it. No FDA in the world would approve a drug with 'markers' in it which do not have therapeutical value.

That's what I always thought. Especially after Roche or Bayer or whatever big pharmaceutical company issued a notice in newspaper saying that they will never ever alter the integrity of medication - meant to be used by severely ill people - in order to contribute to the anti-doping cause.

Can we dispell the myth once and for all? :eek:

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
You don't need to do a full bleed-off (literal draining of blood) to get the hct below 50%. Not only will saline do that, but plasma expanders, PFCEs and HBOCs are most beneficial to doping because they when used with blood doping don't raise the hct much. Same with EMP peptides. BigB says the benefits aren't as long lasting though, I don't know.

Blood doping gives a big bang. Yes Steffan is right... If you tested them before bed and then again in the afternoon post stage you could catch the shift in total body hemoglobin...

You see they dont want to sleep at 60%. With saline, lactate ringer, pentaspan the fluids will wear off (pee pee) and their crits will be obviously jacked once again. They have to train off say 600cc and pop it in the fridge at 4 degrees for later... But if they are not going all the way up (only to low 50s) then its fine to sleep with.

No doubt some use artificial 02 carrying too.

A

Anonymous

BigBoat said:
Blood doping gives a big bang. Yes Steffan is right... If you tested them before bed and then again in the afternoon post stage you could catch the shift in total body hemoglobin...

You see they dont want to sleep at 60%. With saline, lactate ringer, pentaspan the fluids will wear off (pee pee) and their crits will be obviously jacked once again. They have to train off say 600cc and pop it in the fridge at 4 degrees for later... But if they are not going all the way up (only to low 50s) then its fine to sleep with.

No doubt some use artificial 02 carrying too.

Ah yes, Big Boat's sci-fi/horror version of cycling.

needle sticks, blood bags, microdosing epo plasma expaders drain blood into coke cans more needle sticks hgh injections portable blood testing labs go train act normal more needle sticks drain blood out put blood back no to much drain some into coke cans flush it down the toilet more needle sticks altered genes more blood bags more needle sick (sic) who know where to hide the tracks slink down the hall secret door hidden refrigerators pay off the cops pay off uci pay off the team mates pay off the massuse who notices you blew out a vein with a needle stick... oh.. and win the race.

TRENDING THREADS