• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2011 Stage 7: Le Mans - Châteauroux 218 km

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
pancakes.jpg

Sprinters day tomorrow. With the intermediate sprint where it is expect French teams only in the breakaway - an exercise in sponsor promotion.

CARTEVIGNETTE.gif

PROFILVIGNETTE.gif

PROFILKMSVIGNETTE.gif

The battle for the green heats up.

Hopefully a less nervous day with no falls

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I feel Siwfty will show everyone why was he picked for this Tour. Anyway the Tour experience will be massive bonus for him. Something like Thomas last year, and now going from streght to streght.

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Cobblestones said:
Every stage so far has seen a different winner. So maybe it's Feillu tomorrow?

Would love to see Felliu win, made me laugh riding behind the car the other day and encouraging the driver to up the speed :D

It's a curious stage with that intermediate sprint so close to the arrival. I see someone like for instance Cav not participating at it.

Gilbert on the other hand will do the intermediate sprint and will lead out Greipel at the finish.

For the finish i fear it will be Cav but i hope Farrar will teach him a lesson or two, third will be Greipel...

May 13, 2009
Visit site
lancaster said:
hoping for a split/ break on the sprint.

also want everyone in the peleton to refuse to work, garmin for 50km then make HTC earn it.

That's when you have the MJ and a sprinter. Normally you'd just keep the break within ~5 minutes and let the sprinters' teams do the rest. But if you want it all, you just have to work harder. JV should stop whining.

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Jamsque said:
I am very curious to see how the intermediate sprint plays out so close to the finish.

My guess is that HTC won't catch the break until after the sprint and Cav will just sit on JJ's wheel and follow him over the line with minimal effort, happy to take a one point loss. It's quite possible that they'll be the only ones who bother with it (maybe Gilbert).

I'm going to go with Cav, but I think HTC have got their hands full with the Garmin train. Dean/Hushovd/Farrar were impressive on Stage 3. I'm not sure Cav and HTC have ever had such strong competition, and it will be good to see them challenged. Cav may have his eye in now, but his win was without all 3 Garmin boys present.

You'd think Cav wouldn't bother with the intermediate, but he'll probably think he's good enough to win both and go for it, if an opportunity presents itself and HTC don't have to work too hard. Gilbert will certainly go for it, Rojas too.

1. Cav
2. Farrar
3. Swift

TRENDING THREADS