• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2011 Stage 9: Issoire - Saint-Flour 208 km

Page 31 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

Franklin said:
I can't now can I? Let me show you 2000:

Stage 1: 0
Stage 2: 0
Stage 3: 0
Stage 4: 0
Stage 5: 0
Stage 6: 1
Stage 7: 2

Well, don't you look silly now?

Really? So it's your position that the first week of the tour is normally incident free? Congratulations, you just won the interwebz.

Let's neutralize the descents, crosswinds, sprints, pack riding and feed zones. Good enough for you?

They're riding now. Seeing the Leopard crew applauding and Gilbert acting as a spokesperson was worrying, but it was understandable to wait for the many, many domestiques that had stopped to tend to their fallen leaders.

That said, if there hadn't been a breakaway or if it was made up of riders 30 minutes down in the GC, I'm not sure they would be riding now.

Maxiton said:
Possibly. Isn't he like two and a half minutes down? But that won't mean much come the big mountains.

Yes it will. Last year 1 minute 30 was the biggest gap in any mountain stage between the contenders and in 4 of 6 they all finished together. Dont see where on earth someone can get 2 and a half minutes back. And im thinking on Cadel Evans yet alone Andy Schleck.

GroupDK said:
Frank schleck a true survivor.:D

Hes normally the first to hit the DNF..

amazing survivor capabilitys.. :p

aha..its due to the +10 survivor trips he was on with Saxo, where the did all other then cycling, with a danish navy seal called BS where they spend days / weeks out in the wild, and on water and down that alley..to build teamspirit (but yeah Bjarne, you sure did build team-spirit - actual so much that it allmost killed your team, when they all couldnt live without each other and have to leave together also +20 person did leopard takes from Riis last year incl. 8 topriders..;)

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
Really? So it's your position that the first week of the tour is normally incident free? Congratulations, you just won the interwebz.

Let's neutralize the descents, crosswinds, sprints, pack riding and feed zones. Good enough for you?

Good job in just glossing over your dare.

I came within minutes with evidence to the contrary, whereas you haven't.

I understand this is where you just must become abusive :rolleyes:

May 14, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Yes it will. Last year 1 minute 30 was the biggest gap in any mountain stage between the contenders and in 4 of 6 they all finished together. Dont see where on earth someone can get 2 and a half minutes back. And im thinking on Cadel Evans yet alone Andy Schleck.

Probably you're right. I just think it's too early to say that 2 1/2 minutes is definitive. It's a long race.