• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2015 Stage 14: Rodez-Mende 178.5km

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

Eagle said:
Sky'sthelimit said:
TMP402 said:
Libertine Seguros said:
TMP402 said:
Sebastian Langeveld ‏@sebaslangeveld 15 minutes ago

Today I saw a spectator spit on @richie_porte very disrespectful those guys don't deserve this at all! Please stop, or stay at home
Lots of riders liked to spit on Filippo Simeoni. Emanuele Sella, when he first came back from his suspension, had to go in the break a lot because all he would get from a day in the péloton was a lot of abuse and a jersey covered in spit. Pretty mental to see the fans turning on the péloton the same way.

It's too much. I'm worried someone's going to escalate it in the alps and throw a rock or something, there have been threats to assault Froome on social media already. Supposing Froome is a top tier contender for the next few years, the police would have a responsibility to neutralise the crowds on mountain stages and the vile few will have ruined it for the well intentioned many.

Or are we at the point where there are going to have to be fenced spectator zones, where the cannot get near the riders. Fundamentally changing the dynamics of the sport. Sad times
Its not really feasible to fence off more than 100 kilometers every day

Sarcasm more than actual solution.

DBotero said:
Psalmon said:
An unforgettable, ignominious sprint attack for one second by Richard Froome after not working with Nairo to the line. Utterly classless. What a jerk.

>>>If Froome has a mechanical in Yellow, Nairo now has license to attack.

Lol you missed TDF stage 20 in 2013,where Quintana wheel sucked J.Rod and Froome just to sprint away in last part.
You didn't watch it because Froome started it! :p

Quintana just followed up. No problem with that attack for the stage. Besides Purito had no choice but to drag Froome and Quintana up the mountain to get the podium.

Pierrot le Fou said:
TMP402 said:
Why did Perechon get combativity? Didn't hear his name once today.

With the break today he became the guy who has spent the most time in breakaways on this year's tour, without ever getting a combativity prize. They probably could have given it to Roy given all the work he did after his crash, or maybe Golas, but there weren't that many candidates in the breakaway group.

Fair enough. Thanks.

Moviefan1203 said:
TMP402 said:
HiroAntagonist said:
TMP402 said:

Today I saw a spectator spit on @richie_porte very disrespectful those guys don't deserve this at all! Please stop, or stay at home

Instead of spitting on frauds, maybe the crowds should throw rotten veggies so it is in keeping with British tradition?

Take "fraud" talk to the clinic.

Not to mention there is zero evidence of Sky doping. There is no merit to the claims. To see other human beings treated this way breaks my heart. Why can't we just respect one another?
Again, take it to the clinic. it is a cheap shot when you say that in this side of the forum.

Escarabajo said:
DBotero said:
Psalmon said:
An unforgettable, ignominious sprint attack for one second by Richard Froome after not working with Nairo to the line. Utterly classless. What a jerk.

>>>If Froome has a mechanical in Yellow, Nairo now has license to attack.

Lol you missed TDF stage 20 in 2013,where Quintana wheel sucked J.Rod and Froome just to sprint away in last part.
You didn't watch it because Froome started it! :p

Quintana just followed up. No problem with that attack for the stage. Besides Purito had no choice but to drag Froome and Quintana up the mountain to get the podium.

It was *** hilarious,Quintana didn't give a *** pedal at the front.Poor J.Rod worked his ass off :D
About Froome,shhh he's weak in the 3rd week.

Escarabajo said:
Moviefan1203 said:
TMP402 said:
HiroAntagonist said:
TMP402 said:

Instead of spitting on frauds, maybe the crowds should throw rotten veggies so it is in keeping with British tradition?

Not to mention there is zero evidence of Sky doping. There is no merit to the claims. To see other human beings treated this way breaks my heart. Why can't we just respect one another?
Again, take it to the clinic. it is a cheap shot when you say that in this side of the forum.

I don't see how it is a cheap shot when I'm just reacting to baseless claims made in this thread.

TMP402 said:
Sky'sthelimit said:
TMP402 said:
Langeveld and Westra tweeting against the treatment of Sky. But where are the other 150+ riders? It's not only dishonest journalists who have got us to the point of fans assaulting athletes.

Who are those journalists causing the fuss?

Jalabert made accusations for one.
JaJa only said that he'd found stages in the Pyrenees uncomfortable to watch because of the way Sky raced. Certainly nothing more overt than David Walsh was saying about Astana in the Giro.

Re:

Alexandre B. said:
Rolland Pierre
‏@PierroooRolland

défendre des places de 12ème à 10 jours de la fin... Des efforts pour être devant pour rien dernière montée toujours aussi difficile

Rolland criticizes IAM Cycling's tactic.

What's he saying?

That reminds me Rolland needs to do some more crazy attacks. His Giro last year was full of awesomeness, give me more.

Arnout said:
Alexandre B. said:
Rolland Pierre
‏@PierroooRolland

défendre des places de 12ème à 10 jours de la fin... Des efforts pour être devant pour rien dernière montée toujours aussi difficile

Rolland criticizes IAM Cycling's tactic.

What's he saying?

That reminds me Rolland needs to do some more crazy attacks. His Giro last year was full of awesomeness, give me more.

Defending 12th place ten days before Paris...

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Re:

deValtos said:
Yea the french TV commentators are certainly riling up the public. Considering who they are and their own past it's pretty shitty ....

They just said what they think, why they would not ? During decades, they tried to save the reputation of cycling, hiding what they really think, look at the result. In a really awkward way, they just tried to be honnest about what they saw that day.
But none of them said he was cheating, just that they were really surprised by the performance.

It is ridiculous to think that Froome has a bad reputation in France because jalabert said he was suprised. The really few credit froome still had after Ventoux 2013, disappeared in stage 10. For most of the obs, Froome lost that day more that he won. I personnaly think that sky will pay the second place of Porte for a really really long time, they have been really dumb not stopping him.

Such kind of stupidities will occur more and more as the public will be denied what he really wants : a race that looks like a race not a circus.

difdauf said:
deValtos said:
Yea the french TV commentators are certainly riling up the public. Considering who they are and their own past it's pretty shitty ....

They just said what they think, why they would not ? During decades, they tried to save the reputation of cycling, hiding what they really think, look at the result. In a really awkward way, they just tried to be honnest about what they saw that day.
But none of them said he was cheating, just that they were really surprised by the performance.

It is ridiculous to think that Froome has a bad reputation in France because jalabert said he was suprised. The really few credit froome still had after Ventoux 2013, disappeared in stage 10. For most of the obs, Froome lost that day more that he won. I personnaly think that sky will pay the second place of Porte for a really really long time, they have been really dumb not stopping him.

Such kind of stupidities will occur more and more as the public will be denied what he really wants : a race that looks like a race not a circus

What is Froome supposed to do if he is the strongest rider? Deliberately not gain three minutes in order to pretend it's close to appease clinic-visiting ex-pros and violent fans?

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
The French just have double standards. In the VIP section you can find L.Jalabert and R.Virenque. But riders like Michael Rasmussen and Lance Armstrong they want to stay away.

difdauf said:
deValtos said:

Such kind of stupidities will occur more and more as the public will be denied what he really wants : a race that looks like a race not a circus.

Wasn't Froomes W/kg something like 5.9 up Ventoux that day? If that was too much for the French observers, they must also think likes of Bardet, Peraud and Pinot are a part of the same "circus."

HiroAntagonist said:

What's clinical about fraud? He's already been sanctioned for illegal feed, helping Froome. What are you implying?[/quote]

Sub-par trolling. Be better.[/quote]

Nope, just stating a fact. I was just as harsh on certain other teams as well when the bizarre nationalistic fans showed up to whinge and make excuses years ago. I'm not going to recommend you be better because I understand you and have have seen the same a few times. You'll figure it out at some point.[/quote]

Don+_35329c217928687c701ac310b2466954.jpg
[/quote]

Pretty sure the original meme was "I hate that feel bro", but keep shooting for the stars. Or the Sky, whatever helps.[/quote]

Who would know or care?

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

TMP402 said:
Libertine Seguros said:
TMP402 said:

Lots of riders liked to spit on Filippo Simeoni. Emanuele Sella, when he first came back from his suspension, had to go in the break a lot because all he would get from a day in the péloton was a lot of abuse and a jersey covered in spit. Pretty mental to see the fans turning on the péloton the same way.

It's too much. I'm worried someone's going to escalate it in the alps and throw a rock or something, there have been threats to assault Froome on social media already. Supposing Froome is a top tier contender for the next few years, the police would have a responsibility to neutralise the crowds on mountain stages and the vile few will have ruined it for the well intentioned many.

no.. i'm worry if they throw tack on the road.. like forget what TDF year was that. This is terrible. Those guys don't deserve that. Got hit, thrown a urine, spit?.. just because sky is dominating?.. o for god shake.. get a life.

TRENDING THREADS