• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2015 Stage 16: Bourg-de-Péage-Gap 201km

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Cramps said:
Did anyone see what happened with Gallopin?

either 1) he fell and got scared, but he didnt look scratched

2) he decided it was better to get out of the GC , given he dropped pretty early today, and what is the point of get 11th, better try win a stage

3) he had a mechanical, broke a break or flat tyre

Re: Re:

Climbing said:
TMP402 said:
If Froome wins this - with yellow jersey pressure early on, negative media, negative actions by stupid fans, a team where his main mountain helpers Porte, Roche, Koenig and Poels have been absent often, and now apparently sickness in the Sky team - that has to be a more deserved/embattled/respected battle than any of the past three Tours I would say.

You would, wouldn't you? rofl

And why's that, champ?

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
Barguil is a menace and a liar. Contact with TJVG? BS! If there was contact it happened before the critical point of the turn. Barguil was in a position on that turn where no rider should have been. He put his foot down because he realized that everything was going wrong with his approach. He is a disgrace. The last time I saw a rider with so little regard for the safety of other riders he had just been punched in the head and was lying in a ditch. We haven't seen him since.

mspgrandi said:
TMP402 said:
If Froome wins this - with yellow jersey pressure early on, negative media, negative actions by stupid fans, a team where his main mountain helpers Porte, Roche, Koenig and Poels have been absent often, and now apparently sickness in the Sky team - that has to be a more deserved/embattled/respected battle than any of the past three Tours I would say.

Ehm Sky has always been the strongest team... even today he had 3 guys, no other team has more than 2!

Poels was pretty spent, Porte was dropped on the final climb, who knows if Thomas won't DNS tomorrow.

Eagle said:
TMP402 said:
His team have been great so far

In the sense that he hasn't lost time yes, but it doesn't feel like 2013 or 2012.

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site

oldcrank said:
TheQuick said:
He are trying to pass 5 riders before the swing, that it's just stupid.
Stupid decision by a poor bike-handler at an inappropriate time and place.
Inexcusable, indefensible, unjustifiable and unforgiveable for a professional
rider in that situation.
Don't know about that, I don't have any trouble forgiving him. It's a bike race, a bike race going full speed down a crazy descent. *** happens.

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
woodburn said:
deValtos said:
Calling BS on the tejay shoulder nudge ...

This gif starts quite far out:

http://gfycat.com/HarmlessTerrificIvorybilledwoodpecker

That's just risky descending. Hopefully Barguil learns, no place in the TDF for that kind of riding.

Not defending Barguil, but you can see them close together at the start of the clip. Possible shoulder bump happened there and through him off. Otherwise, completely his fault.

Still his fault, he shouldn't even be next to tejay in that situation. He was late braking and would have come along side tejay from behind and in his blind spot. Just a dumb place to go 3 wide.

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

TMP402 said:
Eagle said:
TMP402 said:

In the sense that he hasn't lost time yes, but it doesn't feel like 2013 or 2012.

He's still had comfortably the strongest team in the race. I don't think you can use team weakness as a reason to talk up Froome's achievements.

MTroon said:
Barguil is a menace and a liar. Contact with TJVG? BS! If there was contact it happened before the critical point of the turn. Barguil was in a position on that turn where no rider should have been. He put his foot down because he realized that everything was going wrong with his approach. He is a disgrace. The last time I saw a rider with so little regard for the safety of other riders he had just been punched in the head and was lying in a ditch. We haven't seen him since.
I agree 100%, my friend.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

TMP402 said:
Eagle said:
TMP402 said:

Did you not see plateau de beille, Porte dropped everyone but Quintana and the took the time bouns off him

Eagle said:
TMP402 said:
Eagle said:
TMP402 said:

Did you not see plateau de beille, Porte dropped everyone but Quintana and the took the time bouns off him

This is true, but Porte being distanced on the climb today, unless planned (which I find hard to believe since Poels looked tired and I would have thought Porte was the better descender than Thomas) doesn't point towards him being able to repeat that kind of perfomance in the Alps where it matters.

TMP402 said:
mspgrandi said:
TMP402 said:

Ehm Sky has always been the strongest team... even today he had 3 guys, no other team has more than 2!

Poels was pretty spent, Porte was dropped on the final climb, who knows if Thomas won't DNS tomorrow.
Nobody will start tomorrow... ;)

Vasilis said:
TMP402 said:
mspgrandi said:
TMP402 said:

Was wondering who was going to be the first to point that out

Vasilis said:
TMP402 said:
mspgrandi said:
TMP402 said:

Ahaha true. :eek:

TRENDING THREADS