• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2015 stage 18: Gap - Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne

Page 26 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Re:

fungusbear said:
If Thomas wasn't working for Froome, he would be 2nd in GC. Just because they were stronger than him on the first MTF does not mean they are better than him this Tour. He did more work than them helping Froome and they didn't get a big advantage over him and still don't. They haven't dropped him despite him doing more work than all of them over the last 2 and a half weeks. It sucks, but that's the fact.

G would not be ahead of Quintana in this race if he was riding for himself.
But the amount of work he's done is incredible. Make no mistake, George is very, very strong in this race.

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

SeriousSam said:
fungusbear said:
If Thomas wasn't working for Froome, he would be 2nd in GC. Just because they were stronger than him on the first MTF does not mean they are better than him this Tour. He did more work than them helping Froome and they didn't get a big advantage over him and still don't. They haven't dropped him despite him doing more work than all of them over the last 2 and a half weeks. It sucks, but that's the fact.

G would not be ahead of Quintana in this race if he was riding for himself.
But the amount of work he's done is incredible. Make no mistake, George is very, very strong in this race.[/quote]

I never said he was not. G is incredibly strong and I think he will win a grand tour in the future. But I don't think he is the 2nd strongest rider in the race.

The Hitch said:
Isn't Quintana only like 3 minutes behind Froome? With 2 mountain stages left after today including Alpe?

And he has the best card in the race - Valverde, as his teammate. With Contador and Nibali quite a bit behind and weaker climbers?

And people are seriously defending him riding for 2nd?

Only 3? :eek: Only hope is for Froome to get sick or have a really bad hunger knock.

Sasquatch said:
I don't even know if they were stronger. Thomas was ordered to drop back and follow Valverde. He told the interviewer afterwards he felt it was easy in Valverdes wheel and wanted to attack but wasn't allowed.

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: Tour de France 2015 stage 18: Gap - Saint-Jean-de-Maurie

Director was awful today missing so many GC attacks because they wanted to show more of the french riders. :rolleyes:

Really frustrating.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site

The Hitch said:
Sasquatch said:
I don't even know if they were stronger. Thomas was ordered to drop back and follow Valverde. He told the interviewer afterwards he felt it was easy in Valverdes wheel and wanted to attack but wasn't allowed.

Yeah I remember him saying that. It's *** ***. *** Sky.

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
lets hope the next 2 stages are good, we've got the lower top 10 guys attacking, Valverde cracking, Froome looking a tiny bit weaker, Nibali seemingly getting better each day.