• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2018 Rumours

Page 24 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

HelloDolly said:
Bot. Sky_Bot said:
William Hill:
6/5 Chris Froome
11/4 Tom Dumoulin
7/1 Richie Porte
9/1 Nairo Quintana
10/1 Mikel Landa
13/1 Miguel Angel Lopez
20/1 Romain Bardet
25/1 Vincenzno Nibali
28/1 Fabio Aru
28/1 Rigoberto Uran
33/1 Ilnur Zakarin
33/1 Thibaut Pinot
40/1 Adam Yates
40/1 Alejandro Valverde

Great odds for Nibali imo ....
While too short for Lopez

Going to be interesting with Landa and Quintana

25/1 for Nibali ? :lol: Think I may take a punt with them odds.

bigcog said:
HelloDolly said:
Bot. Sky_Bot said:
William Hill:
6/5 Chris Froome
11/4 Tom Dumoulin
7/1 Richie Porte
9/1 Nairo Quintana
10/1 Mikel Landa
13/1 Miguel Angel Lopez
20/1 Romain Bardet
25/1 Vincenzno Nibali
28/1 Fabio Aru
28/1 Rigoberto Uran
33/1 Ilnur Zakarin
33/1 Thibaut Pinot
40/1 Adam Yates
40/1 Alejandro Valverde

Great odds for Nibali imo ....
While too short for Lopez

Going to be interesting with Landa and Quintana

25/1 for Nibali ? :lol: Think I may take a punt with them odds.

I already have :cool:

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Re:

Kyllingen86 said:
I was just wondering how people rate the downhill-finishes.

Stage 10: Downhill to Le Grand Bornand
Stage 15: Pic de Nore downhill
Stage 16: Downhill to Bagneres-de-Luchon
Stage 19. Downhill to Laruns

How technically demanding are they?

Pic de Nore will be a long descent and then some fair bit of flat (15ks or so) before Carcassonne so not really a downhill finish.

Le Grand Bornand is very fast but not too technical.
Portillon descent on that side is fast and more technical.
Laruns is a long and technical descent, the most apt of the 3 for great descender to make some differences.

Okay thanks!

So I guess for Nibali stage 16 and 19 could be a very strong weapon ;)

I know Pic de Nore is not outright a downhill finish but optimistic as I am, I was wondering if for an instance Nibali or another strong downhill rider could plot something together. Lets say have a teammate in the break and call him back for the final flat.

I was just interested in knowing weather Pic de Nore would be even technically difficult enough to pull off such a stunt?

Re:

Kyllingen86 said:
I was just wondering how people rate the downhill-finishes.

Stage 10: Downhill to Le Grand Bornand
Stage 15: Pic de Nore downhill
Stage 16: Downhill to Bagneres-de-Luchon
Stage 19. Downhill to Laruns

How technically demanding are they?
I like 3 of them. Pic de Nore downhill won't make a difference. Too far from the finish.

According to L'Equipe, Fortuneo, Cofidis and Direct Energie will be at the start of the 2018 Tour de France. The last wildcard will likely go to Wanty-Gobert, not to Vital Concept (Coquard's team). The official announcement by ASO at the end of January.

by
@faustocoppi60

You have to close less roads, theres less traffic in the weekends, more people can go to Brussels and they'll see riders fly by them on multiple occasions. Start and finish are more likely to be crowded. More chances to get your city on screen.

I don't like it either but it's not that hard to see why organisers do it.

Wildcard selection as expected. Happy for Wanty! :)

DTBi6GXX0AAA8nz.jpg

https://twitter.com/LeTour/status/950368362256887808

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Wanty deserved it. Vital get a chance to prove their mettle for 2019. They will have to focus on Europe tour at this stage, but they still get the Dauphiné anyway.

Finn84 said:
yaco said:
Cofidis are so over-rated - Do 2 GT's a year for little reward.

Vuelta organizers are probably still living the era when Moncoutie was in the team and winning KOM every year.

Their sponsor buys their invites through sponsorship of the Vuelta. It sucks that they take up two GT slots when really they should be grateful for one, but that’s how the sport works. ASO/Unipublic are if anything a bit less crass about selling wildcards than RCS.