• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2018 stage 6: Brest > Mûr de Bretagne 181 km

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Two weird details from the post race articles: (1) Quickstep apparently still regard Martin with affection, Brian Holm actually invited him before the race to stick with their guys on the approach to the finale. (2) Porte says he had no choice but to keep driving when he found himself on the front early because he doesn’t have the kick to stop and then go again effectively.

36 Big Photos from Stage 6 — corvos/aso/bettini/veloimages
http://www.steephill.tv/2018/tour-de-france/photos/stage-06/

100-CORVOS_00029795-250.jpg

213-CORVOS_00029795-059.jpg

Re: Tour de France 2018 stage 6: Brest > Mûr de Bretagne 181

Zinoviev Letter said:
slosada said:
Oliwright said:
Hey, what do you think about teams not waiting slightly more for TD? Sky, bora & quickstep seemed to up the pace after his puncture from what I saw.
Sky did the same just after the incident that left Zakarin and Uran behind... French commentators mentioned something like "it would not help Sky's image".

There were 6 km to go. Whatever your views on taking advantage of mechanicals in other circumstances, the racing was on at that point. No team would wait.
If you read it carefully, those were not my "views".

Re: Tour de France 2018 stage 6: Brest > Mûr de Bretagne 181

slosada said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
slosada said:
Oliwright said:
Hey, what do you think about teams not waiting slightly more for TD? Sky, bora & quickstep seemed to up the pace after his puncture from what I saw.
Sky did the same just after the incident that left Zakarin and Uran behind... French commentators mentioned something like "it would not help Sky's image".

There were 6 km to go. Whatever your views on taking advantage of mechanicals in other circumstances, the racing was on at that point. No team would wait.
If you read it carefully, those were not my "views".

I did not say or imply that they were.

Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
Two weird details from the post race articles: (1) Quickstep apparently still regard Martin with affection, Brian Holm actually invited him before the race to stick with their guys on the approach to the finale. (2) Porte says he had no choice but to keep driving when he found himself on the front early because he doesn’t have the kick to stop and then go again effectively.

(3) Alaphilippe was having a beer while waiting for doping control

Tom Jelte Slagter. Both their best riders are in pretty horrible shape, at least Danish commentators have stressed many times that their Norwegians colleagues have told them that EBH is in poor shape. And Cav obviously isn't great either. So they are trying, but are completely overmatched. Di Data is a pretty horrendous team tbh.

Despite that, they are not sending men up the road in some of those hillier stages. Along with teams like FDJ and Lotto Soudal, I just don't get why you at least don't try. They have nothing...

TRENDING THREADS