• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2019

Page 32 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

42x16ss said:
Broccolidwarf said:
EF:

Uran
Woods
Bettiol
Kangert
Van Garderen
Clarke
Langeveld
Scully

On paper, this is actually a pretty good squad.

But as usual with EF, life is like a box of chocolates ;)
Uran, Woods and TJVG? Hope JV has leadership organised well before stage 6

Good looking team right there. If their top 3 can hang in there, they'll have options later in the race.

42x16ss said:
Broccolidwarf said:
EF:

Uran
Woods
Bettiol
Kangert
Van Garderen
Clarke
Langeveld
Scully

Uran, Woods and TJVG? Hope JV has leadership organised well before stage 6
They’ve as much as said the goal is gc for Rigo. TJ will aim for TT, and Woods might get freedom to stage hunt too.

I can see Woods getting in a lot of breaks and sitting up to Uran once his chance of a stage is gone.

Broccolidwarf said:
Valv.Piti said:
Is there always this much focus on nationality? Just hope that TV2's coverage doesn't only do Danes with this many around. Dont understand Bak really, but glad for him. Will most likely be his last TdF.

There is in every sport :cool:

Ofcourse TV2 will do almost only danes, but you can always switch to Eurosport Denmark, where they talk mostly about danes :)

Or - get VPN and access Eurosport France, where they mostly speak of french riders, or Eurosport UK, where they mostly talk of british riders, or Eurosport Belgium, where they mostly speak of belgian riders, etc. :cool:

That's better than US coverage where we're stuck with NBC and they mostly about specific riders of whatever nationality. Mostly Sagan, Sky/Ineos, Quintana, Tejay (if he's riding well), Porte. I likely have forgotten someone or several someones.

Re:

Broccolidwarf said:
EF:

Uran
Woods
Bettiol
Kangert
Van Garderen
Clarke
Langeveld
Scully

Yes good squad with plenty of chances for stage wins if Uran doesn't show up. TJVG put in a nice ride in the Dauphine but I have doubts about that form transferring to the Tour. First MTF should tell a lot about both of the GC riders. Uran hasn't raced much.

nmuXqbFq

Re:

tobydawq said:
Hmmm. Today, Bora have revealed a new white/green jersey for the Tour.

The strange part is that on the website of Danish TV2 where they present all the teams, this jersey has been on display for at least a week. But how could they know?
Rumour says that Merete Eldrup has recently bought a cooking system and found it in a dishcloth wrap.
... Or was it a towel-gift along with the shower... I'm not sure anymore.

Re:

Broccolidwarf said:
I count 7 teams with no other agenda than the GC:

Ineos
Astana
Mitchelton
Movistar
EF
AG2R
Groupama

Looking at the start list, with Ineos being a little weaker and the other 6 teams all bringing their a-listers, I think we are in for quite the battle.

Well Movistar is likely also targeting the team title. With comments Valverde has made it sounds like he (and thus the team) may go stage hunting.

Koronin said:
Broccolidwarf said:

Ineos
Astana
Mitchelton
Movistar
EF
AG2R
Groupama

Looking at the start list, with Ineos being a little weaker and the other 6 teams all bringing their a-listers, I think we are in for quite the battle.

Well Movistar is likely also targeting the team title. With comments Valverde has made it sounds like he (and thus the team) may go stage hunting.

Come on, ofcourse Movistar are riding for the GC.

Broccolidwarf said:
Koronin said:
Broccolidwarf said:

Ineos
Astana
Mitchelton
Movistar
EF
AG2R
Groupama

Come on, ofcourse Movistar are riding for the GC.

Riding for GC yes. However, it's not their only goals.