• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2020 | Stage 12 (Chauvigny - Sarran, 218 km)

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I'm talking about the tactical approach, which is irrespective of whether it's a GC team or a stage hunting team :)
Hey, I'm the one who started this analogy, I get to decide who they compare to.

And I still disagree on the Ineos comparison. Ineos come into a race they want to win with the strongest squad they can, and try to ride everyone off their wheels. Sunweb have shown a tactical flexibility this Tour that we've never seen from Brailsford's teams, from getting Bol into a near-winning position on stage 1, Hirschi covering Alaf's attack on 2, getting Roche and Benoot into various breaks the next few days, getting Hirschi away solo to Laruns, the all-in leadout for Bol at Ile de Rey, and finally the win today with the setup by Benoot and Kragh, and then covering attacks behind by Roche. In that regard, it was all very Quicksteppish, finding different ways to win, through different riders.

He's such a cool rider.

Brian Holm does a weekly cycling show in Denmark (with some other old danish riders), where he often tells stories from the peloton (both current and old).

He said about Alaphilippe a while back, that when you had him in the car (during transport), he would be constantly fidgeting, changing the radio station, drumming on the dash board, singing, and just generally be hyperactive - and then all of a sudden he'd go quiet and fall asleep for 20 minutes - only to wake up and start all over again with the hyperactive behavior o_O

Yeah, I think he really is hyperactive. It's behaviour I once did not really get, I always thought he was just putting on a show, hardly ever sitting straight on his bike, always turning his head, getting out of the saddle for no special reason...

I wonder how many other riders in the peloton are hyperactive, in a way it would seem like a good feature to become a pro...

Yeah, I think he really is hyperactive. It's behaviour I once did not really get, I always thought he was just putting on a show, hardly ever sitting straight on his bike, always turning his head, getting out of the saddle for no special reason...

I wonder how many other riders in the peloton are hyperactive, in a way it would seem like a good feature to become a pro...
Michael Phelps once attributer his success to being hyperactive. Could sit still and had problems in school. At some point he discovered swimming and let it all out there.