• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2020 | Stage 20 ITT (Lure - La Planche des Belles Filles, 36.2km)

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Haven't Jumbo had issues with the weight of the Bianchis? Hence them riding rim brakes and unbadged wheels, etc (and switching to Cervelo next year?). I don't know the weight difference between the XR4 and their TT bike, but I'd imagine if their road bike isn't very light, it tilts the balance back in favour of just staying on the TT bike right through.
Disclaimer: I don't follow the behind the race stuff much anymore so maybe the rules have changed, but the last time that I read about this, even the heaviest road bikes where still under the UCI "safety" limit so if every bike is required to be at weight, the Bianchis aren't at a disadvantage.

As I've noted before, adding weights to the BB doesn't make a (light) bike safer.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS