• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2020 | Stage 7 (Millau - Lavaur, 168 km)

Page 27 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
If yesterday was boring, today was super exciting from start to finish. I was rather sad about Pogačar, but 1:20 is not a complete dissaster. If he is good enough uphill, podium is still possible. And now we will finally have someone (him and Landa) who will actually try to do something to gain time back. Other than that, Wout is amazing, working all day to get Roglič into position and then has enough energy to win the sprint.

Exactly, wrt to incentive to attack.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Todays was a very entertaining stage, echelons always deliver!!

I feel bad for Pog, he had a puncture and when he joined the main group he was with Landa and Mollema at the back of the group and he believed he was safe, but near a roundabout Ineos decided to go full gas trying to drop the hammer for GC as they smelled blood, JV and Astana kept the pace and dinner was served.

That moment was the most entertaining part of the tour so far, but it seems it opens the table as well, so tomorrow we can have more action as Landa and Pog have to attack.

That's right. The 2 Movistar riders there. We knew that Valverde would never give up GC time, Enric Mas is clearly flying under the radar.
You never know, maybe not testing him out yesterday will be important after all... I knew Valverde would be useful in the split here but I had thought especially after he crashed yesterday that Mas would probably get caught out like Landa did.

A lot of Ninja's this Tour. Uran, Bardet, Quintana (one top-3, that was sloppy), Mas, Buchmann.
Pinot had his bad luck already, but today he (and his team) was impeccable.

I do hope for some non-ninjaing soon though.

How can you really be anything other than a ninja when nothing has really happened lol.

About the only people in the top 20 to do something resembling an attack are Ala, Yates and Roglic.

I'll wait for Monday to start calling out the true ninjas

I was having new gutters installed on my house so had to keep pausing the TV to go outside. So I have just finished watching the stage and getting caught up here.

Wowza exciting stage :). Maybe the whiners will stop now!
Bora Awesome to start it off, crosswinds keep the excitement going. Very enjoyable stage :).

Kudos to Wout, he is just amazing! JV really has taken week one and made it their own.

After no cycling for so long I'm so happy they can race and I'll enjoy it all; the slow burn attrition and the stomping on the pedals like today.

Vive le Tour!

And now we will finally have someone (him and Landa) who will actually try to do something to gain time back.

bingo! having time differences (ITT anyone?) actually increases the likelihood of attacks in the mountains. as long as 1-15 are within 15 seconds, you have more to lose by attacking. this freaking stupid idea that GTs should be nothing but MTFs has gotta go. it is seriously dumb-a$$.

Yeah, I keep seeing the Spanish Champ jersey and assuming it's him. I'm just not picking him out in the regular Movistar kit.

Bit gutted Sagan screwed up his sprint after all that work from Bora. That would have been a great result. He looked really indecisive in the sprint. Lack of confidence.

Yes, but at least he got green back... for now... and it was a good stage for Buchmann, too, so iat least there was some result for Bora.

TRENDING THREADS