• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2020

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I have pictures in my mind of how the profiles of the Tour will look like, but I am wondering whether they are more than made up out of what has been said and written. Does anyone have more (and more elaborated) stage profiles than the ones that were published at the route announcement?

Ineos looks more weak,they will be more weak in the mountains, portal also is a irreaplacable sports diretor, there will be problems between the leaders in the tour....i have a feeling that there will be chaos in ineos at the tour, froome will attack bernal, bernal will attack froome, thomas will attack bernal and froome...

Ineos looks more weak,they will be more weak in the mountains, portal also is a irreaplacable sports diretor, there will be problems between the leaders in the tour....i have a feeling that there will be chaos in ineos at the tour, froome will attack bernal, bernal will attack froome, thomas will attack bernal and froome...

But nobody will attack Thomas, because his initials* are literally GT!

*At least if you exclude his middle name.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
How will be the squad of ineos for the tour?
Froome
Bernal
Thomas
Kwiatwoski
Luke rowe
Amador?
Van baarle?
Sivakov?
Ivan sosa?

View: https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1276415050719408130

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/laflammerouge16/status/1276415050719408130

Reading this thread makes me think Froome will not be at the Tour.

Ineos like to have two leaders, they have never went in with three, and they could just swap Froome out for Amador.

They are in trouble in the mountains if that is the team.

I don't think so. Sivakov will improve and he's a good climber. Kwiatkowski usually is a best in TdF(last year the exception) and Van Baarle is also good and can go deep on the climbs if necessary. Castroviejo is always reliable and can climb decently as well. The only one who can't climb is Luke Rowe but that's not his job anyway.
I actually think they will have the upperhand on Jumbo on the climbs. I don't think Sivakov is worse than Bennett and TdF Kwiatkowski and Van Baarle are no better than the nowadays Gesink and not far behind Sepp Kuss.

Still, I'm the most excited for Arkea and Mitchelton. I loved early season form of Quintana and Adam Yates. They were ridiculous and if Barguil sacrifice himself(knowing him probably he will not) for Quintana and Mitchelton are sending all their climbers for the Yates brothers I think we will have fireworks due to their depth in domestiques in favour of Ineos/Jumbo.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I don't think so. Sivakov will improve and he's a good climber. Kwiatkowski usually is a best in TdF(last year the exception) and Van Baarle is also good and can go deep on the climbs if necessary. Castroviejo is always reliable and can climb decently as well. The only one who can't climb is Luke Rowe but that's not his job anyway.
I actually think they will have the upperhand on Jumbo on the climbs. I don't think Sivakov is worse than Bennett and TdF Kwiatkowski and Van Baarle are no better than the nowadays Gesink and not far behind Sepp Kuss.

Still, I'm the most excited for Arkea and Mitchelton. I loved early season form of Quintana and Adam Yates. They were ridiculous and if Barguil sacrifice himself(knowing him probably he will not) for Quintana and Mitchelton are sending all their climbers for the Yates brothers I think we will have fireworks due to their depth in domestiques in favour of Ineos/Jumbo.
Yeah, but none of these riders have the quality of, poels,landa,porte,nieve. Ineos lost a lot of quality and they will be more vulnerable in the mountains.

I am not sure. Most of those you mentioned need to get up to speed really quickly because just in the second day their leaders could be isolated. If not dropped.

I really hope MS take both of the Yates and Chaves to the Tour. It would be really great to see all the major GT riders (bar Nibali) in the same race for once.

Yes, no matter what they will be quite weak in the mountains apart from their two leaders
Yeah, that's true. I just picked more experienced guys because that's usually the way Unzue operateson the biggest stage.
Yes, the route is actually nice and the Loze MTF plus the following stage is an awesome combination.
The route lacks a mid length Itt early durning the 2nd week, but the rest looks really interesting.

Trek 9 man longlist, pretty good team. Probably Kirsch will miss out, but I would consider leaving out Theuns, have Stuyven for sprints and Kirsch can do the rolleur domestique work:
Porte
Mollema
Ellisonde
Eg
Skujins
Pedersen
Stuyven
Theuns
Kirsch

Valverde
Mas
Erviti
Rojas/Roeladts (maybe both)
Verona
Oliveira
Cataldo
Sepulveda.
But it's just me guessing, no idea how many of their climbing doms are going to support Soler at the Giro alongside Bananito.

I'd guess something similar, maybe someone like Pedrero instead of Cataldo who pretty much always rides the Giro.

I've a feeling Movistar won't be winning 3xteams classifications like they did at the GTs last year.

TRENDING THREADS