• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2021 Stage Predictions

Nobody has done this by now, so I'm entering, but please note, I don't know if I will also eveluate the results... maybe someone who can handle numbers and excel will have to do that...

Anyway, here you can enter your predictions for the winners of the 21 stages!

Me, I still need to look at the profiles a bit more, but you can start already! After all not much time is left.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Wout wins first stage
Tadej wins second stage
Sagan wins stage 3
Merlier wins stage 4
Wout wins stage 5
VDP wins stage 6
Roglic wins stage 7
Roglic wins stage 8
Tadej wins stage 9
Stuyven wins stage 10
Colbrelli wins stage 11
Caleb wins stage 12
Wout wins stage 13
Allaphilippe wins stage 14
Tadej wins stage 15
Gaudu wins stage 16
Uran Uran wins stage 17
Dan Martin wins stage 18
Sagan wins stage 19
Thomas wins stage 20
VDP and Caleb tie for first time stage 21 (I can't believe myself, but it will happen)

P.S. Remco would have won 3 stages

Last edited:
  • Haha
Because we all need a laugh sometimes!

1. Wilco Kelderman
  2. Primoz Roglic - I wouldn't put it past him.
  3. Magnus Cort
  4. Reto Hollenstein
  5. Edward Theuns
  6. Hugo Houle
  7. Steven Kruijswijk - could happen...
  8. Michael Valgren -
  9. Oliver Naesen
  10. Jacopo Guarnieri - if something happened to Demare, and Guarnieri got really lucky in the sprint...
  11. Pello Bilbao - I could see that happening
  12. Nacer Bouhanni - Definitely not outside the realm of possibilities
  13. Tim Merlier - He's pretty quick...
  14. Stefan Küng
  15. Miguel Angel Lopez - Could definitely happen
  16. Robert Gesink - again, could happen
  17. Nils Eekhoff -
  18. Amund Grøndahl Jansen
  19. Patrick Konrad
  20. Carlos Barbero
  21. Kasper Asgreen - If he got away in the finale...

(I swear! I didn't cheat. I ended up with three Danes - and a Norwegian... - by chance.)
Some of these are... more likely than others.)

• Haha
Guys, this is very irritating... sorry for once again opening an unnecessary thread... I guess I'm taking over the doubling role from toby.

It would be best if you ignored this thread from now on, so it glides into oblivion, and paste your predictions into broccoli's, in case you haven't done that already. And if you forget or neglect to do so, broccoli can surely do it for you and consider your posts.

Guys, this is very irritating... sorry for once again opening an unnecessary thread... I guess I'm taking over the doubling role from toby.

It would be best if you ignored this thread from now on, so it glides into oblivion, and paste your predictions into broccoli's, in case you haven't done that already. And if you forget or neglect to do so, broccoli can surely do it for you and consider your posts.

I thought this was the thread for people who just want to guess - or in my case, just be completely random - the stage winners, without having to think about who'd wear the jerseys.

Yeah, I know you asked us to ignore this, but I'm going to rank my predictions. It's not pretty...
Each rider's actual position in cursive, with occassional comments
  1. Wilco Kelderman - 5th... not... that far...
  2. Primoz Roglic - I wouldn't put it past him. 3rd, pretty good
  3. Magnus Cort - 39th.... eeh... lol...
  4. Reto Hollenstein - 156...
  5. Edward Theuns - 154...
  6. Hugo Houle - 94
  7. Steven Kruijswijk - could happen... didn't happen... 42...
  8. Michael Valgren - 64
  9. Oliver Naesen - 102
  10. Jacopo Guarnieri - if something happened to Demare, and Guarnieri got really lucky in the sprint... Something did happen to Demare. However, the same thing (OTL) happened to Guarnieri, so... yeah...
  11. Pello Bilbao - I could see that happening - 11, not too far, not really close either...
  12. Nacer Bouhanni - Definitely not outside the realm of possibilities - 56
  13. Tim Merlier - He's pretty quick... - He'd also left the race by this point, so... (but he did win stage 3...)
  14. Stefan Küng - 70
  15. Miguel Angel Lopez - Could definitely happen - 51
  16. Robert Gesink - again, could happen - His DNF on stage 3 certainly made that difficult...
  17. Nils Eekhoff - 117
  18. Amund Grøndahl Jansen - DNSed on stage 16
  19. Patrick Konrad - 88, got the stage wrong...
  20. Carlos Barbero - 129
  21. Kasper Asgreen - If he got away in the finale... - he didn't get away in the finale. 106...
So, all in all it started out pretty well for me, then it just sort of... dissolved...

TRENDING THREADS