• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de france lion

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Just watchin one of my Tour De France dvds. Im really interested in getting my hands on one of the Credit Lyonnais Lions that are given to the yellow jersey holder at the end of each stage. I reckon they are probably very rare, but if anybody knows where i could purchase one i'd really appreciate any info. Cheers.

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
velostar said:
Just watchin one of my Tour De France dvds. Im really interested in getting my hands on one of the Credit Lyonnais Lions that are given to the yellow jersey holder at the end of each stage. I reckon they are probably very rare, but if anybody knows where i could purchase one i'd really appreciate any info. Cheers.

Go to eBay and type in "Tour de France lion". There are four for sale right now, including one that claims to be official, and is priced accordingly. I'm guessing they might be more plentiful as the race approaches. Good luck.

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Cheers mate. I just gave a look at them. The one that is marked official really looks to be the real thing. He claims it is 19 inches in height. That would look great on my mantlepiece.

The irony in them giving out a lion is that it's meant to tie in with LCL, the sponsors, who of course used to be (and to an extent still are) Crédit Lyonnaise. Lyon actually gets its name from the old Latin lugdunum, which actually means ravens. A stuffed raven wouldn't be as cool as a prize though.

Lyon also includes the rather nice Colline de Fourvières, which is a pretty steep little hill and features some cobbled streets on the way up to it. It would make a very nice stage finish ahead of some tricky stages in the Alps in my opinion, or make for some fun times in a national championship or the like.

velostar said:

Train really really hard...

velostar said:

you should call bernard hinault.he has plenty of them!:eek:

Mar 7, 2009
Visit site
I bought one from a guy in Ireland on EBay. Just checked and it seems he has another one listed at the moment. I am delighted with my purchase. The lion is alot better than i thought it would be. All my mates are stunned when they see it in my house.

A

Anonymous

velostar said:
Cheers mate. I just gave a look at them. The one that is marked official really looks to be the real thing. He claims it is 19 inches in height. That would look great on my mantlepiece.

PT Barnum said there is a sucker born every day. Funny how a post just like this shows up on several cycling forums over the years...and it JUST SO HAPPENS that there is some guy from Ireland who sells them (for $149 US) if you want one...only there is nothing in the description that says where it came from. Only that it is "Official." Seems back in 2005 the same advice of going to ebay was given...and some dude from Ireland had one for sale there. I am sure the little Chinese children that made them earned about 5 cents that week from their factory. You only have 2 posts and both are on this thread, wouldn't be from Ireland, would you?

A

Anonymous

look at the eyes on a genuine lion, look at the eyes on the ebay one

dont be a mug ;) and dont treat us like one. The hair is wrong, the eyes are wrong.

A

Anonymous

It might actually be worth getting hold of a rider with one and getting some decent photos of one for future reference so when people are selling them we can compare.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
PT Barnum said there is a sucker born every day. Funny how a post just like this shows up on several cycling forums over the years...and it JUST SO HAPPENS that there is some guy from Ireland who sells them (for $149 US) if you want one...only there is nothing in the description that says where it came from. Only that it is "Official." Seems back in 2005 the same advice of going to ebay was given...and some dude from Ireland had one for sale there. I am sure the little Chinese children that made them earned about 5 cents that week from their factory. You only have 2 posts and both are on this thread, wouldn't be from Ireland, would you?

Not sure what you're trying to say TFF....... but since the death of the 'Celtic Tiger' it is well known that Irish people have started breeding lions instead.

I got your furry lion. I got one for each of you right here.

slides_im_25th_geek-tastic_anniversaries_14.jpg