• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France stage 10: Tuesday, St-Gildas-des-Bois - Saint Malo

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
King Boonen said:
If Veelers hadn't moved right then there was easily enough room.

He didn't cry about it, or moan. Taking the dictaphone was childish.

Veelers did move right and there was still plenty of room, no need for Cav to come over to the left when he did except to try and get on Greipels wheel as soon as possible.

"I know you're trying to get all the 'Mark Cavendish is a really bad sprinter again' but with 150 metres to go the road bears left...All I do is follow the road...There will be net forums with people going mad about it but I follow the road, I'm not going to hit the barriers..."

"The commissaires are already putting the blame on me...You can see he moves a little bit right, I move a little bit left...It's not like I took his wheel, I'm following the road... "

Cry, whinge, moan, lie, call it what you want.

The Principal Sheep said:
Veelers did move right and there was still plenty of room, no need for Cav to come over to the left when he did except to try and get on Greipels wheel as soon as possible.

"I know you're trying to get all the 'Mark Cavendish is a really bad sprinter again' but with 150 metres to go the road bears left...All I do is follow the road...There will be net forums with people going mad about it but I follow the road, I'm not going to hit the barriers..."

"The commissaires are already putting the blame on me...You can see he moves a little bit right, I move a little bit left...It's not like I took his wheel, I'm following the road... "

Cry, whinge, moan, lie, call it what you want.

I was more referring to blaming someone like Veelers did, haven't we come to expect the rest from Cav? Normal losing day in the office.

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
King Boonen said:
I was more referring to blaming someone like Veelers did, haven't we come to expect the rest from Cav? Normal losing day in the office.

It may be expected but that doesn't mean it should be accepted, it would appear that ignoring his behaviour and hoping he’ll mature out of it isn’t working, likewise neither is rewarding his behaviour, perhaps Brian Holm needs a ‘time-out’ corner in the back of the bus for him to work through his tantrums.

The Principal Sheep said:
It may be expected but that doesn't mean it should be accepted, it would appear that ignoring his behaviour and hoping he’ll mature out of it isn’t working, likewise neither is rewarding his behaviour, perhaps Brian Holm needs a ‘time-out’ corner in the back of the bus for him to work through his tantrums.

Take his bike away, that's what my parents used to do...

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
King Boonen said:
My parents always gave it back, was the only way to get rid of me.

I think they should really just ban him from speaking to the media after a loss. He obviously struggles to control his emotions and it'd be better to remove him from the situation.
It is clear you never had an adrenaline rush.

Cavendish overpoured with urine at the TT today, well, that is not really nice of the French, taking the pi$s out of Cav. I hope the French didnt do that on purpose.

NY Velocity

Veelers), looked around, was harmlessly falling back and Cav gave him what can only be called a "**** shoulder" as he passed by on his way to the finish. Cav wasn't being squeezed by Veelers. Veelers wasn't even sprinting, Cav was just being a ****. If Cav were normally sized his shoulder would've bumped Veelers shoulder and it would've sent Cav's message, which is, "I'm a ****y ****." But Cav is a miniature replica of a person, and his shoulder hit Veelers arm, knocking him off of his bike. Total **** move. There's no other possible ruling.

http://nyvelocity.com/content/features/2013/tour-day-schmalz-week-1-recap

Funny

King Boonen said:
My parents always gave it back, was the only way to get rid of me.

I think they should really just ban him from speaking to the media after a loss. He obviously struggles to control his emotions and it'd be better to remove him from the situation.

Unless someone in management calls him out about it he will continue to do so. "Removing him from the situation" only doesn't give him the opportunity to improve upon what is basicly unacceptable behavior by an adult. He had ample to time to change, compose himself and prepare for the inevitable questions. There comes a time when he himself needs to make an effort to act like an adult and not a spoiled adolescent.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Cavendish grits his teeth and slams into Veelers. A second earlier Veelers said something over his shoulder, must have ****ED off Cavendish! Cavendish's attack is excused because he is SPECIALized.
/Users/arthurcschneider/Desktop/IMG_9617.JPG