• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Stage 2 (3/7/11) - Les Essarts 23km TTT

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I think it makes sense for Contador to attack and gain a few seconds on stage 4 or 8. Show Schleck he means business, because the mental part of the game is Schleck's biggest weakness next to his time trialing.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Do you have amnesia?

Already forgot about yesterday have we?

Duh... look at those listed before you bark...

Hesjedal now wins 35 seconds over Danielson and VdV while they had the same time yesterday.

Eyeballs Out said:
I think some Stage 1 time gaps have been amended since yesterday. Looks like Hesdejal now given 1:20 rather than 1:55

Hesjedal finished with Danielson yesterday. From an interview, it seemed like all 3 finished together, but originally they had Vande Velde listed at 3:41 back, but he apparently finished with Danielson and Hesjedal. So how would they retroactively give him 35 seconds when all three were in the same group?

Yesterday's stage was a massive clusterf..k.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
I'm just copying from letour.fr

Cyclingnews also say TD and CvV have lost an extra 35 seconds over Ryder and Alberto. But that isn't reflected in their standings of the first stage.

I'm sure the current standings are the correct one and they changed from yesterday, but it 's still surprising.

perico said:
Hesjedal finished with Danielson yesterday. From an interview, it seemed like all 3 finished together, but originally they had Vande Velde listed at 3:41 back, but he apparently finished with Danielson and Hesjedal. So how would they retroactively give him 35 seconds when all three were in the same group?

Not just CvV, TD also lost 35 extra seconds overnight. Not that I expect anything from him, but still it seems to be a bit harsh.

perico said:

FWIW it looks like Casar and Feillu have also been re-assessed

Lars Boom mentions that all saddles were tested by the UCI before the start, to see if they were completely horizontal. One problem: they didn't know if their measuring equipment was completely horizontal.

What a joke of an organisation this is. Time for a rogue union.

rzombie1988 said:
Good day for Evans, Radioshack and a great day for Leopard.

Andy needs about 30 more seconds to be in the safe zone, but so far he's in a great spot. I don't see Contador getting more than 90 seconds on him, so things are looking good.

Totally surprised, but Cadel is in a great position right now. I think he probably needs about 3 + minutes total to be sure of having a shot at Contador though, so he could use another lucky break. If he can hang on somehow in the mountains, he might have a shot. Him being able to do the TT really helps him.

Contador getting caught in the crash has really opened things up and made for an exciting race. If he gets involved in one again, this race is wide open.
I think that to be exiting each of the gc contenders should have a least one crash.. *** edited by mod ***