• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Stage 3: Olonne-sur-Mer - Redon (198 km)

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I am so happy Tyler won.

Awesome result.

Happy too that Thor seems to have his gracious hat on .... happy to lead out Tyler, happy with his win, graciousness towards Cav too for a decision he doesnt agree with ... All is good.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Great win for Tyler, Garmin did excellent work and launched him perfectly.

Has Cavendish's head but in the last 1K been discussed? Seems like that was the cause of the Cofidis guy somersaulting into the barriers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLmKTpRXAao

start at 18s, and at 23s you see him lean into and then head-but Rojas, who doesn't budge. This causes him (Cavendish) to run wide, and put the squeeze on riders to his right who hit the brakes and steer towards the fences.

screenshotcr.png

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:

Has Cavendish's head but in the last 1K been discussed? Seems like that was the cause of the Cofidis guy somersaulting into the barriers.

start at 18s, and at 23s you see him lean into and then head-but Rojas, who doesn't budge. This causes him (Cavendish) to run wide, and put the squeeze on riders to his right who hit the brakes and steer towards the fences.

screenshotcr.png

Good pick up... Although tough to see if it caused the ensuing pile up?

Imagine if the officials picked up the head **** and levied a fine? Poor little Frodo would self combust... The twitter airways would shut down.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:

screenshotcr.png

Yea, good find! I wonder if anyone else (officials) saw it? Would be interesting to see what they'd do if they did.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
I missed the stage. What is the controversy?
Cav and Thor were both relegated from the intermediate sprint, Thor for deviating from his line and Cav for a head-push. Both guys said after the stage that it was ridiculous, Thor even asked the jury to put all the blame on his shoulders.

Jamsque said:
Cav and Thor were both relegated from the intermediate sprint, Thor for deviating from his line and Cav for a head-push. Both guys said after the stage that it was ridiculous, Thor even asked the jury to put all the blame on his shoulders.

I remember seeing that bit of argy bargy. Not much there in my opinion. No one else was affected. Heck neither of them involved were affected. Silly relegation.

I assume GC knew of the relegation before stage end? If so, did that force their decision to have Thor lead out Farrar?

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
on3m@n@rmy said:
I assume GC knew of the relegation before stage end? If so, did that force their decision to have Thor lead out Farrar?
I am pretty sure the relegation was not announced until after the stage finished.