• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Time Bonuses

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Been a while since the Tour has had time bonuses. I wonder what made them change their mind ? None of the big four are very good sprinters as it does not really favour any one rider of the four. But if Rodriguez or Valverde manage to finish with the lead group it's obvious who will get the bonuses. I don't expect either of those two to trouble the podium though.

Re: Re:

Netserk said:
42x16ss said:
Just remember this - if it wasn't for time bonuses Cadel Evans would have been the 2007 TDF winner. Would anyone want that? Would they? ;)
No he would not. I really don't get how that myth was spread, but given it's mostly Aussies who believe in it, maybe I do...

If the TT was longer Leipheimer would have won the overall in 2007. I am not sure who was more hated in 2007 Evans or Leipheimer. I think Evans got over losing in 2007 but 2008 was probably harder to live with and I think that result was partly responsible for what happened in 2009. The pressure seemed to get to him then the mishap in the Vuelta. It seemed he would never win one. 2011 was a long time coming. He just seemed relieved to finally win a GT.

TRENDING THREADS