• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour De France "Withdrawals" Thread

A

Anonymous

First one...

Xavier Florencio withdrawn from Cervelo's tdf team for breaking their internal policies. He took a supplement without informing them. via cyclingweekly

more details http://www.dailypeloton.com/displayarticle.asp?pk=17184
This evening, the team learned that Xavier Florencio has been using a substance containing ephedrine to treat a saddle discomfort. This substance was not cleared in advance with the medical staff. This usage without clearance violates the internal policy.

A

Anonymous

Yes, I think tommorow is definately the day to bury bad news.

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
JPM London said:
To me it says that Cervelo are very serious about being clean. When they do this for something relatively trivial it seems they have very strict internal discipline...

Or they got a warning shot from the UCI. I wouldn't take the "saddle sore cream" story at face value.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Kennf1 said:
Or they got a warning shot from the UCI. I wouldn't take the "saddle sore cream" story at face value.[/Q

what that he was tested, was suspect,so as not to get a tour positive from afld they removed him before it started?

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
JPM London said:
To me it says that Cervelo are very serious about being clean. When they do this for something relatively trivial it seems they have very strict internal discipline...

In related news, Wiggins' blood values didn't decline during the tour b/c he was using a Rx version of Bodyglide. And Armstrong's stayed level b/c, well, because he had cancer 13 years ago.
And Basso didn't actually dope, he just thought about it.
And Floyd didn't use testosterone in 2006.

A

Anonymous

eleven said:
In related news, Wiggins' blood values didn't decline during the tour b/c he was using a Rx version of Bodyglide. And Armstrong's stayed level b/c, well, because he had cancer 13 years ago.
And Basso didn't actually dope, he just thought about it.
And Floyd didn't use testosterone in 2006.

Ok, lets try and keep this thread roughly on track for at least the first page and stick to withdrawals from THIS tour de france.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
Ok, lets try and keep this thread roughly on track for at least the first page and stick to withdrawals from THIS tour de france.

Well that would make it a rather short thread. There's been one. and we're off the first page already!

But in deference to the fact that you started the thread, I'll avoid wandering the topic.

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
I did several searches on the use of ephedrine and not one of them mentioned any dermitological application.

Some did mention its use as a stimulant. Others cited ephedrine use in athletics as both a stimulant and a bronchodilator.

Chinese traditional medicine has used ma for centuries for asthma.

smittyjs said:
I did several searches on the use of ephedrine and not one of them mentioned any dermitological application.

Some did mention its use as a stimulant. Others cited ephedrine use in athletics as both a stimulant and a bronchodilator.

Chinese traditional medicine has used ma for centuries for asthma.

And crack heads make meth out of it...

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
erader said:
it's a stimulant and illegal in the u.s. i'm unsure why he'd be using ephedrine for a saddle sore.

ed rader

it is not completely illegal in the US. You can get it in many over the counter drugs.

whhhaaaa...you've never run an EC stack to get off the winter fat?

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
sel1700 said:
what that he was tested, was suspect,so as not to get a tour positive from afld they removed him before it started?

Tested internally? Definately suspect - overdid it on the microdose? Tour positive not going to look good for the team?

Quick, find a valid treatment with a banned substance - ah, that will be the saddle cream, and blame it on naivety.

That's how I would handle it.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
old_bram said:
Tested internally? Definately suspect - overdid it on the microdose? Tour positive not going to look good for the team?

Quick, find a valid treatment with a banned substance - ah, that will be the saddle cream, and blame it on naivety.

That's how I would handle it.

Somebody raised this question earlier, but: Ephedrine in saddle cream? That's new to me.

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
eleven said:
Somebody raised this question earlier, but: Ephedrine in saddle cream? That's new to me.

'Saddle sore' is just a euphamism for the more emabarrasing hemorrhoids, which is what was actually his problem.

Ephedrine is commonly used

Quote: "A vasoconstrictor reduces blood flow to the area, which reduces inflammation and helps to relieve symptoms of pain, itching and burning. Ephedrine is an example of a vasoconstrictor."

http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4612367_hemorrhoid-cream-work.html

TRENDING THREADS