• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de Pologne tentative startlist:

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Viviani is doing the Omnium at the Olympics, right? Is it weird for him to be riding on the rode so close to this? Seams like all the others in his shoes have been on the boards exclusively since the Giro ended.

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Bernie's eyesore said:
Sky have the killer squad here, Swift will win the sprints with Nordhaug, Uran and Henao dominating the race for overall.

Its strong but not really killer..... There are also many other strong riders in this race if you haven't realised.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
CQmanager said:
I doubt he will ride Poland as he is doing Austria right now ... just one day off between those two races.... No way .....

Pinot and Gretsch are in France also.

dlwssonic said:
Its strong but not really killer..... There are also many other strong riders in this race if you haven't realised.

+1

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Nordhaug-Uran-Henao is definitely the killer squad, for the GC at least.

Swift wont win the sprints though. Says Boonen, Haussler, Degenkolb, Bos etc. Also there are some strong climbers on the list outside Sky.

I wonder how Niemiec will go here.

May 27, 2010
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Nordhaug-Uran-Henao is definitely the killer squad, for the GC at least.

I'm not sure if the course is hard enough for them to dominate. There are other riders who can get over hills well too.

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
roundabout said:
There's just 1 stage for the climbers to make ground. And even then there should be 15 people within 15 seconds at best.

I must be looking at the profiles all wrong, stage 6 doesn't look like the sort where 15 riders will be within 15 seconds to me. Could be brutal if Sky get Stannard, Hayman and Flecha setting a strong pace all day.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
The way people are talking, you'd think it wasSky's race to lose. I will therefore be interested to see how it plays out.

You can call me out for bias if you want, but I'm backing Niemiec, Pozzovivo and Huzarski. The parcours is sort of like a Coppi e Bartali.

Van Avermaet could be good here.

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Sky didn't participate? Oh, well...better tell Peter Kennaugh, Stephen Cummings, Lars Petter Nordhaug, Chris Froome, Thomas Lofkvist, Ian Stannard, Kjell Carlstrom, and Morris Possoni that their trip to Poland didn't actually happen...

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
SetonHallPirate said:
Sky didn't participate? Oh, well...better tell Peter Kennaugh, Stephen Cummings, Lars Petter Nordhaug, Chris Froome, Thomas Lofkvist, Ian Stannard, Kjell Carlstrom, and Morris Possoni that their trip to Poland didn't actually happen...

What a childish thing to say, Sky were not going for the overall so why would they have ridden hard on the front?

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Bernie's eyesore said:
What a childish thing to say, Sky were not going for the overall so why would they have ridden hard on the front?

Why weren't they going for the overall if they had such a strong team :confused:

And no sprinters :confused:

TRENDING THREADS