• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de Pologne tentative startlist:

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Sky had two riders within a half-minute of Sagan in the overall classification (Peter Kennaugh 5th, Stephen Cummings 9th), and a third rider within a minute (Lars Petter Nordhaug, who finished 16th). Further, Sky finished 12 whole seconds behind Vacansoleil-DCM for the top spot in the teams classification.

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
SetonHallPirate said:
Sky had two riders within a half-minute of Sagan in the overall classification (Peter Kennaugh 5th, Stephen Cummings 9th), and a third rider within a minute (Lars Petter Nordhaug, who finished 16th). Further, Sky finished 12 whole seconds behind Vacansoleil-DCM for the top spot in the teams classification.

LOL at the idea that you think Kennaugh could drop Dan Martin by 30 seconds on that course. Clearly you resent Sky's success but no need to post such drivel.

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Bernie's eyesore said:
LOL at the idea that you think Kennaugh could drop Dan Martin by 30 seconds on that course. Clearly you resent Sky's success but no need to post such drivel.
I don't, at all. The fact that they have built up such a strong (and deep) squad while keeping themselves, if not homegrown, at least largely built from Commonwealth nations and other countries that aren't generally known as cycling-mad is outstanding for the sport, and I applaud them for it.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Stage 1

761b8c0e90b4bd837d18ab1337b051d9.jpg

Stage 2

d9a09c128b801876ea1b1a5fffa8d9c3.jpg

Stage 3

ecc18260bb862312dde94ff23ce1c5d6.jpg

Stage 4

ae234bef07d0339a59288f2754e4a087.jpg

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
theyoungest said:
For the Tour of Flanders maybe.

I must have missed when Terpstra kicked Gesink and Boom's *** at the National Champs. Or Stybar at the Vierdaagse van Duinkerke.

Boonen and Steegmans can do something in the sprints. Kwiatkowski should be able to do something here as well, it's his home race after all.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Also btw I wouldn't trust the starlist too much ;)

Thibaut Pinot is listed to ride for AG2R ;) While's he's riding in France.

So that means Fuglsang might not be riding afterall ;)

El Pistolero said:
I must have missed when Terpstra kicked Gesink and Boom's *** at the National Champs. Or Stybar at the Vierdaagse van Duinkerke.

Boonen and Steegmans can do something in the sprints. Kwiatkowski should be able to do something here as well, it's his home race after all.
Stage 6 is a bit of a problem for Niki... I don't know what the Dutch nationals have to do with this?

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Strong 2nd tier sprint field anyhow.

Viviani
Boonen
Feillu
Bos
Bennati
Swift
Davis
Demare
Degenkolb
Modolo
Kristoff
Favilli

This is a pretty good route for a Tour de Pologne. I do think that turning the parade stage in Kraków into an ITT on the 12,7km final circuit would be ideal - long enough to make a difference but not long enough to be totally decisive, as long as people raced stages 1, 5 and 6 properly.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Stage 6 is a bit of a problem for Niki... I don't know what the Dutch nationals have to do with this?

Being able to win with such dominance on that terrain does indicate he can do much more than just the Ronde. I'm not claiming he'll win the GC, but he's a good bet for a stage win here if you look at some of the profiles.

So you have a couple of QS guys who could potentially win stages here. Of course a lot will depend on how Boonen will race. It's possible he'll just work for the team and not take any risks in a bunch sprint. I hope not though.

Trentin has also been really strong this season. You might not see it if you just look at his results, but he was there at Milan-San Remo and was a good domestique in other races. He has been selected for the Olympic road race for a reason.

Fantastic to see Julian Dean back racing. He was set early in the year to be leading out Gossy in the TdF sprints but his terrible accident put paid to that. Hopefully he is fully recovered and will be interesting to see how the OGE sprinters set up. With Vaitkus and Mouris to set a hot pace, they have Dean, Docker, Howard and Davis to bring home the sprints. Davis and Howard have both been close during the year and will hopefully have some luck with a win in this race.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Wilba60 said:
Fantastic to see Julian Dean back racing. He was set early in the year to be leading out Gossy in the TdF sprints but his terrible accident put paid to that. Hopefully he is fully recovered and will be interesting to see how the OGE sprinters set up. With Vaitkus and Mouris to set a hot pace, they have Dean, Docker, Howard and Davis to bring home the sprints. Davis and Howard have both been close during the year and will hopefully have some luck with a win in this race.
Amazing to see Julian Dean back so quickly. He has had more than his fair share of injuries during his career. Hope he has some good luck in this race

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Hayabusa said:
Got to respect Sky for managing to select Henao twice
And one of them is using the same birthdate as Juan Antonio Flecha!

According to the Sky Procycling Team website, Lars-Petter Nordhaug should be in place of the second Henao.

TRENDING THREADS