• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de Romandie 2022 (April 26 - May 1)

Back into Alpine terrain we go.

FQNfY1wXwAI3hvG

Startlist

Prologue
A dying breed, but not in Switzerland.
Profil_prologue_Lausanne.jpg

Stage 1
The HTF is the same as in the 2019 stage, won by David Gaudu, the run-in is completely different though.
Profil_etape1_Grande-Beroche-Romont.jpg

Massonnens + finish (based on roadbook)
a1K4JMd.png

Stage 2
A sprint, potentially.
Profil_etape2_Echallens.jpg

Final two uncategorised hills (this and the rest of my profiles based on Swisstopo)
NDhR6ZZ.png

Stage 3
Not the steepest climbs, but then again there's next to no flat in the final 25 kilometres. This one could go a lot of ways.
profil_etape3_Valbroye.jpg

Châbles (still had a profile from last year)
zNa8ovy.png

Dompierre (both ascents are the same)
fMnFJWi.png

Sédeilles
lT32JQc.png

Stage 4
The queen stage.
Profil_etape4_Aigle-Zinal.jpg

Nax
NaxW.gif

Les Pontis + Saint-Luc (as far as the junction to Saint-Luc 5.2k before the end of the profile)
Chandolin.gif

Les Pontis + Grimentz (as far as the junction to Zinal 7.8k before the end of the profile)
LacDeMoiryN.gif

Zinal (final 4k only)
Zinal.gif

Stage 5
The other forgotten TT subdiscipline to close out the race (well, aside from long TTs). The climb is the same as in the 2018 MTT, which was not won by Primoz Roglic as about half the forum has pointed out - oops.
Profil_clm_Aigle-Villars.jpg

Villars-sur-Ollon (the profile below until 8k to go, then 300 metres at 8.3% to the finish line)
CroixW.gif

Last edited:
Nice parcours. There will be separation with 1 prologue, 1 hard mountain stage and 1 hard MTT. The other stages are decent for breakaways.

For some reason this race never has prompted my interest. Not sure what it is. Maybe because it rains all the time. LOL.

Final tuning for the Giro for some riders.

Nice parcours. There will be separation with 1 prologue, 1 hard mountain stage and 1 hard MTT. The other stages are decent for breakaways.

For some reason this race never has prompted my interest. Not sure what it is. Maybe because it rains all the time. LOL.

Final tuning for the Giro for some riders.
Don't know who would ride the Giro and go all out here, which is a shame. There should have been more time between this and the Giro. I think many of those doing the Giro will not stay for the full 5 days.

Don't know who would ride the Giro and go all out here, which is a shame. There should have been more time between this and the Giro. I think many of those doing the Giro will not stay for the full 5 days.
Not to mention that it's usuallly raining cats and dogs during this race.
Probably Haig and Caruso vs Thomas for the gc. Curious to see how Plapp will do and Pinot could do well.
If it's cold and rainy I expect Kuss to have at least one off day, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Rohan Dennis actually doing really well here.

Not to mention that it's usuallly raining cats and dogs during this race.
Probably Haig and Caruso vs Thomas for the gc. Curious to see how Plapp will do and Pinot could do well.
If it's cold and rainy I expect Kuss to have at least one off day, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Rohan Dennis actually doing really well here.

Haig is not starting, but he is *** in cold weather anyhow. He had a huge off day in Romandie last year as well.

I think it will be Bora (Vlasov/Higuita) vs. Caruso vs. Thomas vs. Woods. Vs. O’Connor.

I'd add Kruijswijk as well. He looked good in Catalunya, on terrain which didn't really suit him at all. The MTT now should be perfect for him, if there's anything left of his former self.
Nah for the time being I am not gonna include Kruijswijk anywhere. I don’t think he looked that good in Catalunya and the guy has only 2 pro wins in 12 years and has been declining since 2019. Would be really surprised if he wins this thing.

TRENDING THREADS