• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de Romandie 2022 (April 26 - May 1)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Haig is not starting, but he is *** in cold weather anyhow. He had a huge off day in Romandie last year as well.

I think it will be Bora (Vlasov/Higuita) vs. Caruso vs. Thomas vs. Woods. Vs. O’Connor.
Wait, Vlasov is also riding this one? I'd have thought that they'd have him rest after a rather packed spring campaign.
Higuita has a history of having off days in bad weather. He's one of the few Colombian cyclists from the lowlands and hates cold and rainy weather.
The final MTT should suit guys like Sobrero and Tiberi.

Wait, Vlasov is also riding this one? I'd have thought that they'd have him rest after a rather packed spring campaign.
Higuita has a history of having off days in bad weather. He's one of the few Colombian cyclists from the lowlands and hates cold and rainy weather.
The final MTT should suit guys like Sobrero and Tiberi.
I know Higuita has a history of having off days in bad weather. But I read this year that he has been feeling much better in those conditions.

His amazing raid with Carapaz in Catalunya was also in very bad weather. So I am still positive about his chances here. Because with the way he is going when he is fit this year it will be hard for anyone to drop him if he doesn’t have an off day.

I know Higuita has a history of having off days in bad weather. But I read this year that he has been feeling much better in those conditions.

His amazing raid with Carapaz in Catalunya was also in very bad weather. So I am still positive about his chances here. Because with the way he is going when he is fit this year it will be hard for anyone to drop him if he doesn’t have an off day.
I think his main problem might be bad weather + cold, like his teammate Buchmann. That said, you're right about the Catalunya stage.